Does machinery count as motoring?

xacoon, Jun 21, 6:00am
looking for parts for an old sickle bar mower, this one to be exact http://tinyurl.com/3gdwyl8 a mccormick new big 4, or alternately a massey harris #8. if anyone knows of any rotting away under trees that may have salvagable parts let me know would be much appreciated

rob_man, Jun 21, 6:34am
There's this guy in the South Island that hangs out on here, he's into that stuff. His username is something to do with Falcons.

xacoon, Jun 21, 7:39am
sounds like a good guy, must shout him a beer if I run into him

flat_white_ltd, Jun 21, 8:14am
well it sure-as-sh!t ain't "health & beauty".
.tried the "farming" threads.!.there's blokes ( well, mostly their wives, but.) all over the place pop into there from time-to-time. most would know what you're after if they saw it lying around.

snoopy221, Jun 21, 8:19am
Far Q. is that a self drive!-mate she is in the vintage machinery era 4 sure.
Q! is she still the ridgie didgie self drive-or are ya just looking for parts to ass haul er behind a tractor!

dr.doolittle, Jun 21, 8:20am
Yeah, and like most farmers, as soon as you show interest , it;s worth GOLD.
'Motoring' is still the best place to ask for my money. motoring dudes travel further than the farm gate, if you get my drift.

xacoon, Jun 21, 8:25am
yep got a thread in there, mostly cockies wives given but most of them are pretty cool, theres even a pet vegan drops in from time to time to try and wind all and sundry up

xacoon, Jun 21, 8:28am
yep both the ones I'm looking for bits for are originally horse drawn self drivers, havent got a year on the massey harris but the mccormick is turn of last century. both have been modified for tractors, but the only horse I will have on my place is a massey harris pony, so that will have to do
edit, will still be self driven, just the hitch has been modified to be towed by tractor instead of horse

xacoon, Jun 21, 8:29am
ahhh I dont know whether to be insulted or not! haha

snoopy221, Jun 21, 8:39am
I'll have ta catch up wiff ole bruce for ya.and a few other fullas i know that are SERIOUSLY in ta dat stuff-LOL
Link.and nah AGAIN_NOTE.When people perpetuate perpetual trusts-that means they effectivley donate their ENTIRE collection for LIFE after their death for the country. People who have spent millions and who have ensured by perpetual trust that no-one will ever have to pay to see their toys.
that is NOT self promotion.
link.
http://www.tawhitimuseum.co.nz/farmpower_hall.php

dr.doolittle, Jun 21, 8:47am
Not.

xacoon, Jun 21, 8:51am
I just want to get what I have at the moment complete, well for now anyway. good link, nice to see massey harris making a strong showing

iman007, Jun 21, 8:52am
tryben lewis silverton rd geraldine he has lots of old stuff, and if he hasnt he will know who has! could be under ben lewis machinery

xacoon, Jul 10, 1:48am
will admit I am stuck inside the farm gate at the moment. days are too short to get enough done.