Rear wheel wont come off!

nuberanda, Jun 14, 12:44am
is the wheel of the ground properly!

for_an_angel, Jun 14, 12:50am
Make sure the car is solid on jack stands, put one or two wheel nuts back on a few turns, stand back and kick the lower edge of the wheel then the top edge, repeat until it comes loose. It will be seized on the center spud.

guider1, Jun 14, 8:42am
I've never had a wheel not come off until lately. I helped a chick remove the wheel of her BMW. no way was it coming off even with kicking it bloody hard. Had to get a piece of 4x2 & the sledgehammer. Then last week changed the wheels on my Commodore & had to do the same. sledgehammer all 4 off. And not just 1 hit, i'm talking 6 or 7 real good hits. Poxy alloys corroded to centre of hubs.

for_an_angel, Jun 14, 9:02am
Haha I see this on a daily basis. farm dogs marking the bosses ute. mine utes driving through water mixed with quartz/clay. vet utes and farm races- that stuff that comes out the back of cows is great for chemical reactions between the steel and alloy

johnf_456, Jun 14, 9:32am
Has they say if that fails get a bigger hammer

ginga4lyfe, Jun 13, 12:07pm
shock treatment works wanders, i guess the same principle applies to the wheel as i found out with a head stud, i put the nuts on the studs so i didnt lose them while they were out the block, but the last stud and nut would not part from each other no matter what i did, gas torch, double locking threads, gripping with a bench vice, just nothing, then my uncle turns up and says " i need 2 hammers" i give them to him he takes the first hammer and lays it on its side on the ground, then puts the flat of the nut on the hammers side then takes the other hammer and gives the nut a sharp and quick blow then spins the nut 180 deg and hammers the other side, and the nut came off with absolutely no effort after that, i was astounded to say the leased, as i had just spent the past hour trying to do what he had done in 3 seconds ( the trick is bloody handy now that i know it too! )