Lowering my car?

Page 1 / 2
dyln.sampson, Jun 13, 9:14am
Just been browsing at lowering kits on trademe and just curious on what lowering blocks are! could i just buy a set of lowering blocks and chuck it straight on my standard springs or how ever they go on lol

jezz43, Jun 13, 9:16am
lowering blocks are fitted to leaf springs, i think 2 inch is legal maximum without needing certification.

dyln.sampson, Jun 13, 9:19am
So can i use these instead of buying new springs! is this the cheaper way of lowering your car apart frm chopping them lol

xacoon, Jun 13, 9:20am
eep. what is your car! does it have leaf or coil rear!

jezz43, Jun 13, 9:20am
if your car has coilovers, you cannot use lowering blocks, you need to buy a new set of lowering springs, if your car has leaf springs, then you can fit the lowering blocks inbetween the diff and spring. chopping springs is a bad idea as you will fail your next WoF

mugenb20b, Jun 13, 9:20am
You can't lower your car with lowering blocks if you have coil springs.

dyln.sampson, Jun 13, 9:23am
I have a mits galant 1996 7generation one! I dont know if it has coil or leaf!

grangies, Jun 13, 9:24am
Eeeek!

grangies, Jun 13, 9:25am
lol. Goodness gracious me.

If you don't know that, then it's best you just leave your Galant as is.

johnf_456, Jun 13, 9:25am
Oh dear

debulebule, Jun 13, 9:26am
Are you still trying to do up that pointless Twin Turb VR4 that EVERY SINGLE PERSON you ask about, tells you to sell!

dyln.sampson, Jun 13, 9:28am
Naah It will look better lower bcos its to high with the 18's i have on.

dyln.sampson, Jun 13, 9:29am
does it have coil's

rob_man, Jun 13, 9:29am
+ 1,000,000

grangies, Jun 13, 9:31am
Pour some concrete in the interior floor, and boot.

Then stuff the engine bay full of bricks.

debulebule, Jun 13, 9:32am
Get all your Bro's in the car, who needs lowering springs then!

dyln.sampson, Jun 13, 9:35am
Dick heads

dyln.sampson, Jun 13, 9:37am
sooo. compressed or new springs! both are warrantable, yes! I guess new springs would b the right of way but compressed will b cheaper!

grangies, Jun 13, 9:38am
Do you even know where the suspension in your Galant is!

zoltec45, Jun 13, 9:40am
Im happier in the knowldge that there are people like you around to make my modified car look even better

dyln.sampson, Jun 13, 9:42am
Thanks for your help andy.

jmma, Jun 13, 9:57am
Just let the air out of those tyres, thats lower and cheaper (o:

moosie_21, Jun 13, 10:27am
Alright, normally I'd come in with all sorts of quick witted comments, but most of them have alreayd been tossed out here, so no use adding to them.

OP, you need to do some research on your car and then come back with semi-informed questions on it. Everyone is mocking you because leaf springs nearly died out around the 1970's as a form of efficient suspension. The next question you have, make sure you do some research on the net first, and if help from google is not forthcoming, feel free to ask on here. Otherwise, risk another flaming! You can always start here: http://specs.cars-directory.net/mitsubishi/galant/1996_282/

For everyone else, give the guy a break. I remember when I started out here and knew next to nothing about my car. I got a fair amount of flak, but I persisted and have learnt an amazing amount about not only my own car, but cars in general from all the members here. Give the guy a chance next time he posts, otherwise we risk alienating him forever (although a good mocking in good faith is due once in awhile ;) ).

vjregal770, Jun 13, 11:42am
I think I just had an aneurysm.

antwerp87, Jun 13, 12:29pm
. LOL Sorry.
If you want to do something go to Mag&Turbo and get them to do it. Dont buy them from here if you dont know what your looking for for a start.