Whats the hands down absolute worst car ever?

Page 1 / 4
phlippy, Jun 6, 11:51am
My dad worked for Avis in the 70's 80's he rated the hilman avenger as the most unreliable

foxdonut, Jun 6, 1:13pm
People who say Lada Niva don't really have a lot of credibility when it comes to the subject of worst car ever. Lada Samara might get a look in, Niva - no way.

Toyota cavalier is a heap of shit, but there have been plenty of cars that have completely bankrupted companies. NSU Ro80 springs to mind. Some of those eastern bloc things made out of laminated cardboard and running a domestically manufactured italian designed motor are probably contenders as well.

jezz43, Jun 6, 7:01pm
austin princess

trogedon, Jun 6, 7:23pm
Yep, my vote is for Eastern Block country cars. Brit cars are probably fine by compare.

trouser, Jun 6, 7:40pm
FSO polonez

bmwnz, Jun 6, 8:01pm
I can't think of any cars that were actually useless. Maybe I've led a charmed life with automobiles.

joanie32, Jun 6, 8:02pm
vlcommodore

v8_mopar, Jun 6, 8:29pm
Toyota prius. The car that will save the world but is worse on the planet than any before

tgray, Jun 6, 8:39pm
Trabant.

trading_gibsons, Jun 6, 8:49pm
YES! YES YES!
I think I'm saying I agree, my ex was the worlds best at buying lemons without me knowing & turning up at home with them & out of all of them this was the worst. He He,I remember one , a Mazda I think that made very loud bangs & bits kept falling out as we where driving home

berg, Jun 6, 9:04pm
Rusty Fiats, Yugos, Lancia Betas, All awful

ladaspeed, Jun 6, 9:17pm
Fiats have other benefits/awesomeness that keep them from being truly bad cars, and anyone who has not owned a Lada is not entitled to an opinion because in reality they are pretty good (except for the samara). My vote is the Morris Marina, these are terrible.

mugenb20b, Jun 6, 9:19pm
Zaporozhets and Moskvich.

saxman99, Jun 6, 9:21pm
Honda CRX

zoltec45, Jun 7, 1:47am
Hands down PT Crusier. If you've ever worked on a one, you know what im talking about.

rsr72, Jun 7, 2:07am
Niva's! - seem to be highly collectible these days,-restored with a decent Toyota engine.

saffa2, Jun 7, 3:10am
TC marina coupe.garbage on wheels.

fiatracer, Jun 7, 3:16am
hmmmm. I'd say the Ro80 [and would be supported by many auto journalists] was one of the BEST cars ever made. Many many years ahead of their time. Only the rushed-to-market-despite-engin-
eers'-warning rotor tips caused trouble, and yes it was a huge issue that led to AU being absorbed into Audi. But the car itself was by all accounts superb.

bentcoupe, Jun 7, 3:26am
the last shape monarosthey are just crap

saffa2, Jun 7, 4:02am
You haven't been around long.

vtecnet, Jun 7, 4:33am
Our courier had the same problem and when the Van was a mere 2 years old it failed a WOF check on RUST!

nathan84, Jun 7, 5:43am
BA Falcon

beblowin, Jun 7, 5:51am
hilliman hunter wrote 1 off been in 2 written off owned 1 that died

gammelvind, Jun 7, 8:08am
Driving an 06 one at present, watching it disolve in rust in front of my eyes, never mind all the bits that keep dying/breaking. Fortunately I don't own it, just drive it.

djrandomguy, Jun 7, 8:15am
i've owned several Avengers and found them very reliable. worst car ever = v6 mazda enous presso.