If you want to list a car at $1 res

kelzzz, Jun 9, 4:24am
We have a car thats only good for parts. It goes (barely) and its legal but been told the engine is poked. Wreckers said they'd give us between $200-300 for it but was wondering if it was worth listing on here! Its an 88 Corona.

Also, if you want to list a car at $1 reserve, do you still have to pay the $39 listing fee or can you list it somewhere else!Thanks.

pollymay, Jun 9, 5:04am
You pay the listing fee and what have you. Dunno what it's worth but those things rusted up in the front so that kinda thing affects what you will get.

I had one of those in sky blue and I entered it in a derby and got $500, might be a better use for it! lol

faa_luke, Jun 9, 7:45am
Is it worth listing on here! Hard call. Search old listings and see what similar cars are going for. If you're really lucky you'll find one that sold with a dead motor. If I had to make a call, i'd say if you can get 300 from the wrecker, go with it.

max.headroom, Jun 9, 8:01am
Take the $300 ,, No questions,,viewings,Tyre kickers,

zephyrheaven, Jun 9, 8:03am
Not to mention the $90 (is it or close to!) success fee & then the buyer backs out after fobbing you off for 3 weeks so its still in ya drive lol

kelzzz, Jun 9, 8:36am
Thanks guys, will go with the wrecker.

treachug, Jun 9, 9:08am
I'd go the $1 reserve route.I listed a car that way recently & was pleasantly surprised with the result.sold for more than I thought I'd get & only one actual veiwer (who ended up being auction winner) & just two texts. And was contacted & car picked up soon after auction end.hassle free (luckily.lol)

phillip.weston, Jun 9, 9:11am
$55 all up if it goes for under $1000.

coolnzmum, May 24, 7:16am
I'd go with the wrecker unless you are certain it is worth more.Listed an audi once for $1 reserve and it sold for $1.

Actually just read your description again and ours was in great condition body wise and the motor was ok but needed work on the gears.