How can i find out how much my car is worth

deanfreeman, May 26, 9:21am
Going to get some more coin saved up and trade it in is there a web site or do i have to take it to a car dealer in town to see how much i'd get

jasongroves, May 26, 9:24am
Try looking on Trademe!
Beside the search box, click 'more options' and search expired auctions for similar vehicles.
Posting some details here wouldn't hurt either.

sw20, May 26, 9:24am
How about looking on here for similar cars and checking out the prices! Then maybe selling yours before you buy !

deanfreeman, May 26, 9:25am
Good idea thanks

deanfreeman, May 26, 9:27am
Nah i need a car to use but dont like the car so going to trade it in for somthing same or less of value

r15, May 26, 9:29am
the issue here is that the dealer is there to make money

for example a car they trade in for 10k , would have up to 14k on the window on the yard.and therefore you're pretty much throwing away a few thousand dollars

deanfreeman, May 26, 9:33am
So lets say its worth 6 probly is and i want a car thats 8 i no i need 2. K for that car but so what u just said dus that make the 8 k car worth morethan 8 k sory never traded in a car before so stil abit dum when it comes to theese sorta things lol

jasongroves, May 26, 9:36am

pandai, May 26, 9:36am
So, say it's worth 6.You get offered 3.

deanfreeman, May 26, 9:38am
Realy that sucks

pandai, May 26, 9:40am
Selling the car yourself will always pay you more than a trade-in

phillip.weston, May 26, 9:42am
what is the car in question that you are wanting to trade! ie year, make, model, engine size/transmission, kms travelled, colour, condition!

deanfreeman, May 26, 9:43am
Ok damn thats not what i was wanting to hear owell

deanfreeman, May 26, 9:48am
Very tidy auto toyota spacio 168kms i think, jap import 1998 alloys in silver and farking good horns deep and loud alot better than the new ve v8s horn lol i think they air horns they funny looking things two of em

phillip.weston, May 26, 9:59am
sorry mate that's not a $6000 car, not with those kms any how. It may be getting close to $6000 on a dealer's lot but that's the price the dealer has to sell the car for in order to turn a profit on if the car was to owe him say $3-4000. You would be better off selling it privately to try net $4000-4500.

deanfreeman, May 26, 10:01am
paid 6 k for it 8 months ago from a car yard

mitsiboy69, May 26, 10:11am
just search for your car on trademe, match it with a similar condition one with similar Ks and theres your value

jasongroves, May 26, 10:14am

phillip.weston, May 26, 10:16am
So how does that make it worth $6000 still now! A dealer isn't going to give you $6k as a trade in, UNLESS the car you are trading it in on is priced $3000 than the competition.

cjohnw, May 26, 10:40am
Trade it on a Ferrari, then they'll give you six grand for it!

kcf, May 26, 9:04pm
You paid absolutely top dollar unfortunately.Probably more than it is worth.That being the case, your best bet is just keep the thing, or be prepared to get under $4k back from it.

Maybe next time, take somebody with car knowledge, and a really cynical outlook with your car shopping, and try to get a better deal.

Not wanting to sound mean about it, just saying that it appears you might have paid rather a lot more than your Spacio is worth.Taking an expert might save you some money in the future.

deanfreeman, May 27, 1:52am
funny thing was that i brought it off my uncle who was a certafied car dealer at the time in chch but has now given it up and moved to dunnerz.

afer_daily, May 27, 6:44am
never buy / or go into busines with relitives .

elvis58, Apr 7, 10:16am
a certafied car dealer !Interesting.