TOKYO AUTO TOWN DUNEDIN - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVIC

matrix140, May 26, 9:50am
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has ever had any expereince with Tokyo Auto Town in Dunedin!I sent them a query regarding a Toyota Prado they are advertising here on Trademe.I have been watching the vehicle for a while now and they have been advertising it at $50k.Then in the past week they have taken a new sales tactic advertising it as having 10k off.So I enquired as to if the price is now $40k and check out the totally unprofessional email chain that followed:

THEIR REPLY TO QUERY:
Subject: Enquiry: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado HI SPEC TX 2007

HI.READ THE ADD WAS $60,000 $10,000 OFF NOW $50,000 .PRICE$50,000 !-
!
-------------------------------
--------------------

MY RESPONSE:
Subject: Re: Enquiry: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado HI SPEC TX 2007

Very professional reply from a car sales company . not very impressive at all.

As I say I have been watching the vehicle for a while now and you have been advertising it at $50k with no mention of $10k off . and hence my query!

Must say that a reply like that puts me right off ever doing business with your company and I will be going elsewhere.
--------------------

THEIR REPLY:
Subject: Re: Enquiry: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado HI SPEC TX 2007

good
--------------------

Unbelieveable, still can't get over a business acting like that.I know for a fact they have had this vehicle since I purchased my last Prado some 2.5 years ago.Thought they would be a little interested in a cash buyer but I guess not . or perhaps I am being too sensitive!Somewhat suprised they are still in business.

Would be interested to hear any of your experiences good or bad.

carmedic, May 26, 10:00am
I notice you haven??

matrix140, May 26, 10:05am
Correct, but I don't have a copy of the original email as it was sent through Trademe.The ad might be very clear to you, but as I say I have been watching this for several months now and the asking price has been $50k not $60k and had no mention or photo of the $10k discount until this past week.Guess its just a typical used car shark tactic.Never mind plenty of prados on the market.

matrix140, May 26, 10:09am
Will also mention that I wasn't expecting to buy it for $40k, but thought they may have been keen to talk.Was more there total lack of professionalism that took me by suprise and hence my post.

mopar63, May 26, 10:12am
at least you got a reply, I sent two dealers emails last week about cars on their yards I was interested in out of town , no reply from either, cars must be too easy to sell at the moment.

elvis58, May 26, 10:22am
They are shutting down, only havehandful of vehicles still there.

eddiedean, May 26, 10:49am
They must be running a money laundering biz cos that is NOT the way to treat a potential customer, goodness knows how they are making money

pandai, May 26, 10:55am
Obviously the OP wasn't a potential customer though

unclejake, May 26, 10:56am
Yet your sarcastic reply was fine!

If you were a serious buyer you would have phoned them anyway. You aren't.

guest, Feb 23, 1:15am
Auto Trader is a better place to search for cars!!!! Get a reply from dealers everytime!!