Derego'd car, does this make the cert plate

bevharris1938, May 22, 8:42pm
null and void !

whqqsh, May 22, 8:49pm
not sure but if no other mods have been made the recert should be a breeze seeing as its already passed

mrfxit, May 22, 9:15pm
Fair enough question.
It could be a bit of a grey area.
Std recert reg's would apply but probably could all be done through a LVV cert at the same inspection, 1 stop shop job !

bopbargains, May 22, 9:19pm
yes.the certdies withthe rego.

sred69, May 22, 9:42pm
as long as no changes have been made to the vehicle to affect the LVV certified parts then no problem it is still valid.

gtrmotorsport, May 22, 10:00pm
Um no reg plate "derego" plate and chassis # is samped on cert plate once these are gone and a vehicle needs a new reg plate the cert is dead

unbeatabull, May 22, 10:26pm
As I found out, depending on year of first Rego, will depend on whether it needs a full compliance check or just a Re-Vin. Either way, can be done at a VTNZ Station

sandypheet, May 22, 10:29pm
I think you will find if the VIN number dosnt change,ie,vehicle already has a 17 digit number,and there are no other changes to the modifications,then it will not need to go through LVV again.A rego plate is not needed to issue a LVV cert.

sred69, May 22, 10:31pm
just because the vehicle is de registerd nobody removes the vin/chassis number these will always stay with the vehicle till it is crushed. the entry certifier (VTNZ-VINZ-AA) will check the vehicle over then re issue a MR2a so it can be put back onto the register of vehicles. if the vehicle has only a chassis number that isnt 17 digits long and decode-able by NZTA then a 17 digit vin will be assigned to the vehicle and a new LVV plate made but may not require full LVV certification if no modifications have been made.

v8mad2, May 22, 10:34pm
With dead reg as long as no new mods have done that are not on cert plate the cert remains legal. When the vehicle is reregestered the same chassis number is used and that chassis number will also be on the cert plate so it still remains legal. The reg number on the cert plate does not matter as reg plates are changed all the time eg personal plates etc

joanie32, May 22, 11:30pm
I re-regoed a oldVauxhall a while back. It had cert for disc brakes and4speed. Was told cert still applied and wasnt an issue at VTNZ.

lookoutas, May 22, 11:45pm
There's the answer.
Someone who has "Been there - done that"

sred69, May 23, 1:44am
i sugest you use a different entry certifier then as he ripping you off. structural repair certs( no Plate issued) and LVV certs(plate issued) are often done to import vehicles before they arecertified for use on NZ roads a VIN (17 digit) will be issued to the vehicle thenif modifications or previous damage are found then the vehicle will requireLVV or repair cert this is ALWAYS done before the vehicle is allowed to be registered. the vehicle are NOT registered OR are deregistered the LVV plate does not become void.

I sugest the OP goes to NZTA-VTNZ-VINZ_AA as half the information give in the above posts is wrong

sred69, May 23, 2:49am
This not what The OP was asking he has a de-registered vehicle that previously was LVV certifed not a fresh import.

sred69, Mar 23, 2:40pm