Clutch trouble. Clutch not releasingnew slave cyl which is workin ok put a bar on end of release fork and clutch released with a

Page 1 / 2
scoobeey, May 20, 5:58am
clutch not releasing.new slave cyl which is workin ok .put a bar on end of release fork and clutch released. with a LOT of pressure right at end of travel.thrust bearing all set ok.clutch slides on spline okclutch the correct way against flywheel.pedal pressure ok.NEW gbox .any ideas

mugenb20b, May 20, 6:08am
Have you aligned the clutch plate before you fully tightened the pressure plate bolts!

scoobeey, May 20, 6:11am
Yes i used an old input shaft

mugenb20b, May 20, 6:13am
Is the thrust bearing sliding freely!

scoobeey, May 20, 6:16am
yes new thrust bearing sliding ok.

scoobeey, May 20, 6:18am
box in workshop to check shaft length etc will be interesting already had a selector arm fault on this NEW chinese box!

mugenb20b, May 20, 6:22am
What sort of car!

scoobeey, May 20, 6:23am
light truck box

panicky, May 20, 7:02am
Was the spline given a light greasing!

unclejake, May 20, 7:17am
Yeah, I would be looking at either the release fork throw ratio or the input shaft nose not fitting the crankshaft pilot bearing

scoobeey, May 20, 10:48am
yes greased spline lightly and checked clutch plate -smooth action and yes my pick input shaft cheers .will know tom

scoobeey, May 20, 11:00am
Used my old bellhousing on new box .60mm shorter(old bellhousing) .Box slides in till last 10mm or so then wind in with bolts.

scoobeey, May 20, 11:01am
New box had selector arm in wrong positionso had to shorten selectorarm rod to action gearbox:)

unclejake, May 20, 12:05pm
^ Do you mean you have fixed it now Scoobey!

If not then input shaft length is possibly the problem (given that you had to 'shorten' the bellhousing). Hack the input shaft back with an angle grinder and then grind a chamfer on it.

unclejake, May 20, 12:06pm
Jeepers. Now I am really confused. That thread is over a month old

crzyhrse, May 20, 12:09pm
And his lack of written English language skills isn't helping him either.

scoobeey, May 20, 12:15pm
seems crzhrse hasnt got anything constructive to say:)

crzyhrse, May 20, 12:16pm
Seems you can't say anything clearly to help yourself.

crzyhrse, May 20, 12:21pm
He must be saving his data cap by only posting these bursts of what he wrongly considers useful information.

scoobeey, May 20, 12:23pm
At least there has been some useful info just sorry dickheads spoil it:)))))

unclejake, May 20, 12:24pm
Lol mate, we are all trying to help, and even though it all makes sense to you,your posts are a bit abbreviated and a touch confusing.

crzyhrse, May 20, 12:25pm
Yes, you have spoiled any chance of getting it sorted because you refuse to write clearly. I thought that might have sunk in from last time, but you're clearly a very slow learner.

crzyhrse, May 20, 12:26pm
That's exactly what I thought too. But, no. Judging from the time between posts.

scoobeey, May 20, 12:29pm
A lot quicker than you btw will be sorted tom anyway bil owns a truck workshop lol so better go to bed or has mummy tucked you in already:)

unclejake, May 20, 12:30pm
Cool. I hope Tom and Bill fix it for you mate