Help have a P10 Primera that wont go

jjc09, May 6, 10:41pm
I have a primera that when left for a hour or 2 it will run for about 30 seconds the die the after that will only fire but wont run i have swaped out the ecu , injectors and rail, the dizzy, fuel pump, temp sensor, cleaned and regap spark plugs even bypassed the fuel filter in case that was the prob so please help me im getting disperate

jasongroves, May 6, 10:59pm
Check engine light coming on!
Have you checked for fault codes!

intrade, May 6, 11:08pm
did you have enough fuel pressure! .
also if you intend to keep the car you want to invest in diagnostic software with this you can find and fix any fault . p10 i assume is the old nissan consult plug check in fuse box. I do have the consult data cable and software and it shows you all ane everything current on injector pulses wateroilpressure you name it on futuristical real time graphics on your laptop with consult from blatz.clcik on newzealand to order was 160$ i paid on special a few years ago now software needs regestering with code online.
http://www.blazt.biz/ http://www.blazt.biz/products/images/datascandatadisplay.JPG

carmedic, May 6, 11:15pm
Fuel pump relay!

jasongroves, May 6, 11:20pm
Yeah, have you checked that fuel is actually coming through!
Remove the hose that runs from the fuel filter to the inlet/fuel rail (remove it from inlet side), turn the key to on position.but don't crank it over.
Relay as mentioned by carmedic is a good idea and worth checking.

jasongroves, May 6, 11:21pm

btb2, May 6, 11:30pm
dont really know these cars. but could it be a blocked fuel flter! although f it was the crap would settle in less than two hours.

jjc09, May 6, 11:39pm
it has all the things needed for life inclueding fuel and air to the cylinders and and spark at the spark plugs just wont run

jjc09, May 6, 11:41pm
as said above i have bypassed the fuel filter so it not the prob

intrade, May 7, 1:49am
could be your mass airflow regulator the cable above would show you in a flash if is not operating . :ps you sound like one of my naigbours. its all ok but it wont run lol if all is ok it will run i dont know where you get the wierd idea that all could be ok and it still wont go lol.

jjc09, May 7, 2:15am
If you mean air flow meter i have already swaped that one out from a running car and didnt make a difference

jjc09, May 7, 2:54am
check light not on will do codes soon um do you have a site for what the codes mean

ginga4lyfe, May 7, 3:41am
is it a recent engine swap! if so you probably have the fuel lines running the wrong way around on the fuel rail, swap them around and see what happens, also, it could be your battery thats toast, Nissan sr20's dont like crappy batteries, and it could also be your dizzy itself, the dizzys sometimes are intermittent but its a rare case ( I feel the need to underline that they DO NOT Like crappy batteries! )

OH while the fuel rail is disconnected from the lines flick the ign on and see if there is a steady flow of fuel, the pump may be nackered too

jasongroves, May 7, 4:29am
Links are at the bottom of the page I directed you to earlier.

jasongroves, Jan 21, 3:01pm