What car can fit 3 children in (all in car seats)

vtecnet, May 5, 7:25am
My brother can't fit these in his1997 Accord SIR Wagon, are there some other wagons around that could support 3x kids seats! I wondered if the old Holden Wagons could.

mugenb20b, May 5, 7:34am
Why not just buy a 7 seater like an Odyssey!

neo_psy, May 5, 7:55am
Commodores can.

I think Falcons can too.

stevo2, May 5, 8:19am
Mate just bought a Camry for that reason.
Cheers Stevo

geoff_m, May 5, 8:23am
We have have had 3 child seats in the back seat of our AE92 Corolla. Have to buy the right seats and it is hard getting the little wrigglers in there with only a 2 door. And a 7yo in the front seat
Not enough space in the boot for all the strollers,clothes,nappies and stuff for that many kids

trouser, May 5, 8:28am
Honda edix or the similar fiat multipla.

elvis58, May 5, 9:34am
Many do,the problem i found was how hard it was to get to the kid in the middle, especially if any or all of them were asleep. I chose a estima for the job as when it's wet or cold you can get them all sorted while inside, very hard to do with any of the vehicles mentioned above. Each to their own though, i can appreciate some peoples desire not to own a people mover!

extrayda, May 5, 10:45am
Estima's are great (biased newish owner here).My other car is a wagon, and the Estima is so much easier to get kids in and out of etc. They are a bit of a bus though - easy to drive, but bigish to park etc.I fitted neons, eyelids, big bore and 24" mags on mine to make it cool. HAH not really, kept it completely standard, which is how it is going to stay ;-)

daryl14, May 5, 12:16pm
These threads always make me laugh. Save yourself some money. just buy skinnier car seats. All cars with three seatbelts will fit three car seats in them. as far as I can tell.

thejazzpianoma, May 5, 12:35pm
Multipla,
Half the price to run than an estima and much nicer and easier to drive and manoeuvre. More reliable and less servicing too.

The Multipla is very wide so suits your purpose but short so super easy to park with no blind spot whatsoever.

Even better the three individual rear seats can be individually adjusted fowards and back. You may find staggering the foward/back adjustment best as it gives really easy access for belting all the kids in. Still plenty of room in the boot as well and having 6 seats means room for friends.

The front airbags can be turned off so you can also do tricks like taking one back seat out then you can fit 5 people and all their bikes inside.

You just can't beat them, they are about the most practical car on the planet, plus at around $13 per 100km to run (including RUC)and next to no depreciation they are one of the cheapest cars to run you can get.

desertcolt07, May 6, 1:29am
commodore

quickstitch, May 6, 3:29am
i can sell you a 1996 falcon station wagon, 8 seater. extra third row seat and bench seat in the front, all legally seatbelted.

danina1, May 6, 4:28am
Buy 3 Radians they are super narrow and should fit 3 across most cars.

lookoutas, Jan 17, 6:09pm
Cadi - and go for 4.