Auto Sparkies , any ideas

donz01, May 4, 9:14am
Vandals ripped off the drivers side electric mirror on my daughters 1994 1.6 Suzuki Swift. It has a carby and I believe there are no computers to do any engine management etc. I used the car for a short trip and noticed that it appeared to have a minor miss at idle. When accelerating it appeared to drive as it always does. I checked all vacum lines etc and ended up adjusting the idle screw a few turns to have the car idling smothly. I just moved it again tonight and now when I turn on the headlights the revs go fromaround 500 rpm up to 1500rpm. Turn the lights off and the revs drop back to 500rpm.I dont believe it has ever done this before. The battery is an Exide brand about 18 months old. I cant find a torch to check the fuses but I think something may have shorted out when the scumbags ripped the mirror off. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance and will update if things improve.

woki, Jan 13, 5:56pm
It wont have anything to do with the mirror. The miss could be from a soft plug or lead or many other manner of small things . Hard to diagnose online . In rough laymans terms :
You have most likely by increasing the idle to make the engine idle smoother and set the idle up to high for the car . When the alternator starts to draw more current than is provided at idle an auxcillary step up motor ( usually vacuum operated ) will increase the idle to compensate for the extra load . Hence the car idles erratically .Cut a long story to short . Give or get the car a proper tune-up . Good luck .