Fecken car won't start

gemini_gurl, Apr 30, 8:16pm
Distributor was replaced (with a secondhand distributor) about 6 weeks ago, and I have a feeling it's the distributor again, is there something that can fffk out that wrecks the distributor!

Just curious, cars a '90 Honda Integra POS that will not be fixed again, it's not worth the tank of gas that's in it!

intrade, Apr 30, 8:25pm
um yea if you got no spark and its electronic ignition. honda do have a chip in the electronic distributor. and some have different chips then others.
here is what happened to one civic i fixed.
got them to replace the chip. now listen carfully
I also replaced the ignition wire and sparkplugs , the ignition wire need to be changed to not void the varranty on a new chip.
Right so i got it going and it ran for 1 week then it craped out again same thing. The problem was the chip was the wrong one same chip differce was the colour the book warns about that mistake but the apprentice who done the job did not know to be carfull. fitted another new chip my self this time the right one and car still goes today.

intrade, Apr 30, 8:30pm
the chip is about 150$ cables where 120$
so if you fitted a distributor with wrong chip it would have fried it self the same as above i hope you still got the old original.
chip die due to old age or when the sparkplug wires are old and build up resistance the sparks fire back in to the ignitor module and fry it.

gemini_gurl, Apr 30, 8:36pm
The mechanic took away the old part.

I don't want to spend any more $ on it.apparently somethings wrong and some thing is stuck open that lets too much air in, and because it's dual carb it's hard to find parts so an expensive fix.(or something like that, I couldn't really understand my mechanic lol)no idea how long I have until that needs to get fixed so I'll cut my losses now I think

intrade, Dec 29, 4:01pm
yea sounds like it