Looking for a new car-opinions please!

schteevie, Apr 27, 6:36am
Hi. I would like seven seats or ast least a reasonable sized boot as I have a large dog! I want it to be as economical as possible. I have been driving a Ford Escape and the petrol cost is killing me. I would not want to spend more than ten k. Would anyone be so kind as to offer any advise or opinions!

jezz43, Apr 27, 6:38am
enter jazz.

schteevie, Apr 27, 6:40am
never heard of it.

scoobeey, Apr 27, 6:40am
fiat puntogot yalol

schteevie, Apr 27, 6:40am
Is it worthwhile looking at mistrals!

thejazzpianoma, Apr 27, 6:46am
I agree the Multipla Diesel is totally the way to go. You are looking at around $13 per 100km for fuel and RUC with the Multipla.

Its the only good common rail diesel you are likely to find in the price range and because you can move the rear seats forward there is plenty of room for the dog.

schteevie, Apr 27, 6:46am
I have a family of 5-one being a husband of 6'2 and a teenager being 6 foot! I have a short commute to work. I wont get any money on the Ford-long story. The husband has his own car so its really just me and kids but would like the option for carrying any of thier school buddies-not so important tho.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 27, 6:51am
Thats where the Multipla reigns supreme. The Multipla seats up to 6 in two rows of individually adjustable single seats. Even if your tall lad is in the back he can individually increase the legroom for just his seat, leaving plenty of room behind the other two seats for the dog.

You can also do other tricks like remove one back seat and take 5 people plus their bikes. all inside without breaking the bikes down.

The Multipla is also really nice to drive, very peppy, cheap for parts, reliable and super easy to manoeuvre in town being short with no blind spots what so ever.

$13 per 100km vs the $26 or more you are likely paying with the Escape is a huge difference, and thats before you consider the Multipla is cheaper to service as well.

You can pick up a Multipla in really top condition for about 8K

schteevie, Apr 27, 7:02am
On the opposite end of the spectrum do you know anything about the nissan march!

schteevie, Apr 27, 7:11am
Lol! Thats veeeeery tempting! But I do need to take the dog! Shes a huntaway/beardie x and is pretty tall.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 27, 7:13am
Remember too, for its tiny size its no cheaper to run than the Multipla.

scoobeey, Apr 27, 7:21am
Lets face it the explorer is a hell of a lot nicer lookin than a Multipla .Jazz the woman want style:)

thejazzpianoma, Apr 27, 7:25am
Yeah the Italians wouldn't know anything about style.

bigracket, Apr 27, 7:26am
So predictable its not even funny, Why even ask ! Its going to be a multipla or some other European "Puppy" before you even hit enter. Really Jazz is they nothing else ! Nothing at all!

*ask.

trouser, Apr 27, 7:37am
What else is there though that seats six easily and also has a decent boot and isn't a huge bloody van impersonator! My vote would be a Honda Edix but you'd be hard pressed to find one of them close to 10k.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 27, 7:42am
Your welcome to suggest something. The bar has been set $8K to buy, $13 per 100km, 6 seats.
What can you suggest that comes close!

BTW, I would love to talk about something else for this kind of job, I get bored too, but there just isn't anything that even comes remotely close. The Multipla reigns supreme.

bigracket, Apr 27, 8:04am
Well I guess by that standard, Multipla is the clear winner.

bigracket, Dec 19, 6:52am
God help us! LOL