Sold a car today buyer didnt

kecal, Apr 24, 9:26am
start it up or take it for a test drive . just handed over cash signed ownership papers and drove away . this has happened a couple of times. i tend to think some people deserve to get taken for a ridewhen this happens.idont sell crapped out carsand suggested they take for a test drivebut dont realy seem interested.if i had travelled for 3 hrs to buy a car id certainly be of for a test drive or have it checked out before doing the deal. people astound me

phillip.weston, Apr 24, 9:42am
has happened many a time for me. Thankfully I've been as honest and up front as much as possible so the newer buyers generally don't get a shock or a surprise come collection.

pandai, Apr 24, 9:42am
Those are the same sort of twits who come back and accuse you of ripping them off too!

johnf_456, Apr 24, 9:45am
Yup sure are, or the sort that cannot do maintenance.

gammelvind, Apr 24, 9:46am
Maybe they checked your feedback and felt you were trustworthy. Plus assuming they asked you some questions before hand and got the answers they wanted there was no reason to go any further. I have bought 2 cars off here sight unseen, and to top it off they were collected by someone else. I did ask what I considered the right questions before bidding and have had no problems.

unclejake, Apr 24, 10:10am
Crap. They are the kind of buyers who don't muck around. Not everyone's glass is half empty

whqqsh, Apr 24, 10:22am
I sold a Triumph Chopper some time ago & the guy bought it without riding it & if i hadnt insisted on firing it up he wouldnt even have heard it run. He visited twice & second time paid deposit still without even sitting on it, but started worrying about getting it home & reckoned he'd have trouble clearing his work van out to pick it up even though I assured him it was quite reliable (for an old Triumph) & no worries riding it across Aucks, but nope, still didnt want to ride it. So I offered to deliver it, ride it over & get a mate to pick me up. no way he said, & paid me extra to put it on my trailer & deliver it. When we got over the shore the address was his brothers place & we fired it up (second kick every time as promised), he turned up as soon as it fired & wasnt impressed, told us to shut it off immediately (fair enough, I spose, he did own it by then). But odd, bought a bike that he'd never ridden or even sat on, wouldnt have heard it running if I hadnt made a point of proving it was all sweet as advertised & didnt even want it ridden or started at all!

toycon, Apr 24, 10:53am
Maybe they have read the rule of an auction, they are legally binding

kevin_the_kiwi, Apr 24, 11:01am
Yeah but it goes both ways, it has gotta be as advertised.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 24, 11:03am
maybe they never been ripped off so they not cautious or even aware such dishonesty can exist in the real world. for most we are cautious cos sometimes in our lives we ourselves or knew friends who overtrusted and got screwed. i peronally make sure buyers aware to the best of my knowledge but offer buyer opportunity to get independant knowledgeable person to accompany their viewing and ask questions.

rojh2, Apr 24, 8:21pm
Ive done that you have asked questions got answers required, bid at auction and if you bid highest you are the owner, too late winging later you did the bidding.

cuda.340, Apr 24, 9:02pm
i bought a classic car without even road testing it. i saw it parked up, found the owner, haggled a little, went away to get the coin & the car trailer & took it away, i was ripping the guy off with my offer & he didn't have to take it but he did. i sold the car within a year for 20x what i paid for it. sometimes you know you're onto a good thing.

sfw4, Apr 25, 12:49am
i hate this. arrogant dude turns up, starts trash talking the car down: they're not worth anything anymore, no ones interested in American Cars anymore, the economy's about to crash etc. Then when they buy it they're only in it for onselling straight away for a filthy profit! When that happens to me i triple the price, they walk away

shuddupowh, Apr 25, 7:55am
Thats how it is. If you can buy something worth Gold for the price of Paper then you are the clever one. I dont agree with shit talking but haggling is the way of life. Not your fault if the seller doesnt know the potential of their goods. Farmers buy animals for cheap then resell them elsewhere foir twice or triple what they paid - or butcher them and make back even more.

owene, Apr 25, 12:02pm
Why are you complaining about this phenomona! What have you lost!

icemans1, Dec 10, 2:13pm
i ALWAYS insist they take the car for a test drive