SPARE CAR KEYS

bren16, Apr 19, 8:52pm
Just bought a car, came with one set of keys, apart from going thru the Mazda Dealer, (apparently the price is horrendous) is there anywhere else you can get the remote thingy,etc.Cheers.-
.Bren

tmenz, Apr 19, 9:10pm
Mr Minit

bren16, Apr 19, 9:18pm
.Thankys.-

tmenz, Apr 19, 9:44pm
I don't know about you - but my most likely scenario is to lock the key in the car - I've already locked it in the boot once - got a plain key from Mr Minit that will open the door - won't start the car - but allows me to retrieve the proper proximity key!

dbolton, Apr 20, 2:44am
Just received a cut key from a source on Ebaywww Online keycutting.comfor a 2003 Ford Mondeo with a chip in it. Ready to use after programming for 12 UK pounds plus postage. All that was needed was your key number and payment by Paypal. Works perfect. Mr Minute are around $80 for what I got.

bren16, Apr 20, 4:35am
dbolton.this sounds silly but where is the key number situated.Cheers.-
.Bren

bren16, Apr 20, 4:59am
Just rang MR MINIT, around the $200 mark, which after the experience I have just had I would pay willingly.I opened the car with the key and then tried to start it, nearly blardy jumped outa my skin with the car alarm noise!.instant panic , then pressed the transponder thingy, know how that works now.so do the neighbours.lol

dbolton, Apr 20, 7:06am
Not silly at all . If you have a fairly modern car there should be a number recorded in the hand book. But that assumes that you have the original handbookwith the car.I have done it and have the key to prove it . It is called the T number usually with 6 numbers and the locksmith is able to cut the key accordingly

bren16, Nov 20, 10:55am
.Thanks for that, I'm afraid it came minus the handbook.Cheers.Bren-