1960's Rover.old vintage car worth?

24mamba, Apr 11, 8:42pm
The inside is in immaculate condition, it's just been sitting in an old shed for at least 20yrs!

Does anyone know if it'll be worth putting on trademe at all!

skin1235, Apr 11, 8:49pm
rover made several models back then, some would be worth having, most wouldn't, but if you were to actually tell us if it is the 80 or 90 model we could possible offer some sugestions

rovercitroen, Apr 11, 9:23pm
1960s. Could be a P4, P5 or P6 model. Condition is the main factor in their value. None are worth enough in NZ to justify major restoration. A good P4, for example a Rover 95 or 100 may be worth $4k - $6k to the right buyer. A P5 Coupe is probably more valuable. A 60s Rover P6 - a 2000TC or V8 P6B is worth very little these days and buyers are very few and far between. You say the inside is mint but unless the body is the same or is pretty good the car will be worth very little.

socram, Apr 12, 1:36am
Restoring the interior is the most expensive part of a Rover restoration, but the value of P4 and P5 and earlier Rovers, is based on a limited sales market. They do not have the appeal of a Mk 2 Jaguar for example, no matter how well built or well restored.

As rovercitroen says, a P6 3500(S) is quite a good car for the money and is a great classic.Six cylinder P5's are heavy, slow, not as desirable as the P5B Coupe with the V8.Earlier P4s may be nice but are very heavy but to some, last of the real Rovers.

24mamba, Apr 12, 4:15am
Hey thanks for the comments.I'm not 100% sure on the exact details of the car atm.As soon as I get them, I'll post em up on this thread.

I was asked to see what sort of interest there would be in it.

richardmayes, Apr 13, 12:59am
Home > Trade Me Motors > Used Cars > Rover > Search results

Search results for 'Rover, Before 1970'

Looks like a horrible old 'Auntie' is still worth more than a P6B V8. go figure!

trogedon, Oct 23, 11:10am
60s cars aren't "vintage" (pedantic I know)