Best Way To Sell a Car

buddynz1, Apr 7, 11:12am
Classified or auction please

20498, Apr 7, 11:19am
Auction.
Cheers.

pollymay, Apr 7, 11:29am
Put a gun to someone's head and make them buy it. Works everytime man.

morrisman1, Apr 7, 12:33pm
classified, its cheaper too. Auction if its an old crappa you just want gone

buddynz1, Apr 7, 9:28pm
can you change from auction to classified !

fordluva, Apr 7, 9:46pm
I wouldnt, it will cost you the same in the end as you will have to pay an extra $39.95 to relist it, IMO classifieds arent that good anyway, you get very little indication of interest in your car unless someone contacts you about it, the other downside is that with a classified your price will only go down, where as with an auction it could always go up. hell if cost is a factor add $40 to the reserve.

kcf, Apr 7, 10:01pm
Classified.It's cheaper, and there really is no difference in the end result (unless you particularly want to run a low reserve auction, and see what the market will pay).

If the price is correct for the vehicle and the market, and you've taken the time to write a good ad, then it will sell regardless of the type of listing.

phillip.weston, Apr 8, 1:17am
Auction every time for me. Beauty with an auction is you can set a reserve high and could always come down to meet the market, just like a classified - and you don't get tired of answering peoples e-mails with the same questions over and over again.

cheapest isn't always the best. Spend money to make more money.

tekaholics, Apr 9, 4:57am
classified

extrayda, Apr 9, 7:20am
Depends on the car.
In saying that, I would always do an auction.As above, you may get more than your minimum dollar - all it takes is two people who want it :-)I've sold two cheapies on here, both got more than I expected (by cheapies, I mean less than $1000).

flybye_in_a_rx7, Apr 9, 9:53am
i always use an auction because of the questions bit. you can treat a auction as a classified if you really want and avoid the $40 fee and still get the questions bit and the give the ability for a possible bidding war.

hijacka, Oct 13, 12:05pm
Auction is best but makesure it ends at a good day and time like sunday or monday 7pm-10pm, set the reserve and drop the start bid price to create interest or place no reserve so the red flag goes up fast and stands out more. The more interest you create the better,and people who use the trademe filter - lowest price, most bids etc find your auction without to much digging around.
And if you want better odds on $1 reserve auctions you can run a high reserve priced auction first with aadded sub title''will be relisted for $1 Reserve''.relist $1 reserve knowing that theres already X amount of potental bidders jumping on it straight away.