What would my car be worth?

dieselhorse, Apr 4, 2:07am
I am new to this forum and was just wondering what people think. I am looking to sell my car as I own a horse and need a larger vehicle that is capable of towing a horse float. I currently have a 1.5L Subaru Impreza sedan. It is the traditional Subaru blue colour and manual. It has done around 83,000km and has been regularly serviced, registered and warranted. It is a 2003 and was a new Japanese import when I got it in September 2009.

- It has super low king springs in it - this does not make it really low! It just looks like a regular car, naturally sits quite high.
- Stereo with AUX capability
- Low profile triangle tyres on 18inch mags that have quite a few scratches (before I got it)
- Very tidy body. Has a few scratches on the roof from before I got it (looks like someone just put their keys on it). Another small scratch from when I fell over and grabbed the car with my keys. Paint rub from above a rear wheel, and a mark on the front left corner. None of these are huge though and it is still really clean looking.

All in all a really tidy car and fantastically economical.
Sorry if I'm not supposed to post it in here just don't want to get ripped off or ask too much!
Many thanks.

jezz43, Apr 4, 2:17am
looking at the listings here, $7500-10k. it varies

vtecintegra, Apr 4, 2:48am
I'd separate the wheels out if at all possible - they're not going to add any value just put people off (especially given they come with budget tyres)

dieselhorse, Apr 4, 2:59am
I would but don't have the money to buy new wheels to put on it.

jezz43, Apr 4, 3:03am
go see kevin at love tyres wanganui, he should sort you out something decent for cheap, and he has loads of spare rims out the back of the shop

autocars1, Apr 4, 3:54am
6k max.

autocars1, Apr 4, 3:57am
No not that popular.they sell at Turners fro $4500 plus!

dieselhorse, Apr 4, 4:10am
B*gger! I was under the impression that because it had a small engine therefore cheap on petrol it would be easier to sell! Would I be better to sell privately or trade in!

flybye_in_a_rx7, Apr 4, 9:37am
sell privately. you wont get that much, but you'll get even less by trading in. also depends how quick you want the new car too or if you can afford to buy a new one without selling this one straight away. probably take a while to sell but you'll get more if your patient

vtecintegra, Sep 28, 9:40am
If its an AWD model then that negates any small engine fuels savings (and them some).

If its a FWD it still suffers from the perception people have that Subaru = gas guzzler