Security on first car

rachsta, Apr 1, 6:05am
What is a good security for a first car! Does it need protection! Wheel clamps etc.

mazzyz, Apr 1, 6:09am
Depending what car it is you may not need any security otherwise a steering wheel lock and an alarm are all good. Mind you if it's a nice car and the thief is determined NOTHING will stop them from taking it. Good luck whatever you decide to do. :o)

cowboy110, Apr 1, 6:41am
Or a Multipla.You could leave that unlocked, windows down, keys in the ignition and your handbag on the front seat.and no one will go near it.

muzzaandmich, Apr 1, 7:01am
get a bambinahardly drove it but pushed it for miles

johnf_456, Apr 1, 7:04am
Except for jazz

thejazzpianoma, Apr 1, 8:17am
It's O.K Jazz has run out of room in the garage and the driveway.

johnf_456, Apr 1, 10:32pm
Can't say you would not be tempted though.

richard198, Apr 1, 11:02pm
No reply on what the car is! Makes a huge difference. Steering wheel lock is no match for a hacksaw through the steering wheel!

richardmayes, Apr 2, 12:43am
If they want it, they'll take it. Full insurance is the best security.

That and don't put bling bling mag wheels on it.

morrisman1, Apr 2, 1:30am
It depends completely on what type of car it is and the risks associated with it. If you don't leave stuff on seats inside, don't have a fancy looking stereo and its not a high risk car then chances are it will be fine. Cars which have transponder keys are much more theft resistant than those without.

GPS trackers are cheap, if your car is high risk then definitely recommend one. You just txt a number and it will reply with location information as long as it has GSM reception. works using a vodafone or 2degrees sim card.

rachsta, Apr 3, 7:05pm
I have full insurance, it is a small Nissan Lucino. I just want to be triple safe. :)

zirconium, Apr 3, 7:47pm
Well done on getting the car. :) - Have a chat to the insurance company about what they recommend if you are still worried. :)

rachsta, Apr 3, 7:57pm
Thank you! After saving very hard for it, I just want to make sure it's super safe lol. :) Will do.

autocars1, Apr 4, 3:53am
I like the steering locks, Protecta locks, they are about $30 from Warehouse and come with a free insurance for the first year. But you can get any alarm system is ok.it's the noise thats a deterent.

fordluva, Sep 27, 6:43am
+1000