Mini car height

jrlaw, Mar 25, 1:29am
Is there any measurements to raise a low Mini, after checking the ride ball joints are O.K. How much does a certain thickness washer move it up.Back is real low.

smac, Mar 25, 1:59am
Geez I'd have to go digging to find out the original height.been a while! From memory rear ratio is about 4-1 i.e a 3mm washer gets you 12mm, but could be 3-1.5-1.I forget. Make sure you use good washers, nothing out of a blister pack from Mitre 10 that will crush.

If it's low, it must be low for a reason (I'm assuming the car is 'dry').trumpets may be already been shorted! Hi-lo's fitted!

attitudedesignz, Mar 25, 3:15am
From memory i think 5mm use to give me 'bout an inch.

socram, Mar 25, 8:32am
Totally from memory, I think it is 3:1 at one end and 5:1 at the other, but darned if I can remember which is which.Try googling it 'cos I am not getting out of my chair to grab the book!

jrlaw, Mar 25, 11:49pm
Dry trumpet one, very low will need to check the ball joints first, Thanks for your import.

smac, Mar 26, 6:53am
Whoops I miss-read. Thought you'd checked ball joints. Ya if the nylon cups are worn through that will lose a few mm, plus if they're now out of round. How low is low! What is the actual ride height! (measured top of arch to wheels centre). What car/wheels!

jrlaw, Mar 27, 1:18am
It is almost down to the tyres being even with the top of the wheels. Measured my Mini the it has about 2 and 1/2 inches clearance. I will need to take the rear suspensions down and check first the balls and sockets.Next weeks job.
Thanks for all the help.

jrlaw, Sep 12, 11:13pm
Have renewed both ball joints and Mini now sits up at its proper height. Shocks are knacked, out will come the petrol tank again.Thanks again for your imfo.