Whats wrong with my car :( ?

yesiknow, Mar 26, 11:45pm
Any subaru experts in here!I have a 96 subaru impreza wrx automatic.Last week it seemed that i had a flat battery so got it jump started with jumper cables.Went fine but then as soon as I stopped, after a half hour drive it wouldn't start again.Got it jumped again to get it home and there it sat in the driveway for a week. Decided to jump it this morning and take it down to get a new battery but when I put it into gear it started shuddering.It ran smooth in neutral but as soon as i put it into drive or reverse it shuddered again really vigourously.I attempted to drive out the driveway and it had no power, so I managed to reverse it back in, all the while shuddering and with no gutts.Any ideas as to what it could be would be appreciated. It's going to the mechanic shop on Monday but I'm too impatient and would like to have an idea as to what it might be.

intrade, Mar 27, 1:36am
well mesure your car battery with a volt meter .!
12.65 volt will be fully charged.

r15, Mar 27, 2:06am
chuck the new battery in it and see what happens then.

i've seen cars with totally rooted batteries do crazy things - eg shuddering etc.

icemans1, Mar 27, 2:26am
batteries can be faulty at anytime. years ago i had a mate who's battery was only 3mths old and had a crook cell or 2

petal_91, Mar 27, 2:40am
Maybe your automatic transmission computer got its memory wiped from the flat battery and is now relearning optimum shifts. This happens with my Mitsi Legnum when the battery is disconnected. It is jerky and does random revving for a few days until the car relearns my driving style.

yesiknow, Mar 27, 3:59am
really! Thats bizzare.

yesiknow, Mar 27, 4:00am
So are you saying that the flat battery could have stuffed the computer! Would this need to be repaired or would putting a new battery in remedy it!

yesiknow, Mar 27, 4:01am
so you reckon just put a new battery in and drive it around and see what happens!

1fordluva, Mar 27, 4:54am
Its called "keep alive memory" KAM,I would suggest when jump starting that you use surge gaurd leeds.
Last thing you want is it frying the computer.

satans_child_nz, Mar 27, 6:06am
if the battery is not charging it would be the alternator is at fault, recomended to replace a battery that is over 5 years old, they wont hold charge if they are too old.

intrade, Mar 27, 8:57am
i told him what to do.I sure as hell dont go buy a new battery nilli willy . befor i know if the old one is ok or not.a volt meter is 10$ and can be used for future diagnostic on any car toys etc.

yesiknow, Mar 29, 7:43am
Strangest thing happened today! Had AA come take a look on Saturday, he seemed to think it was a coil or a spark plug. He did nothing to it. I decided to try start it this arvo and it started not a prob so i put it in drive and it was sweet as. No shuddering at all.Is it possible for a car to just fix itself!

tegraboy1, Mar 29, 12:53pm
it could be one of the transformers . have you ever talked to it and had it talk back !