New Car.$800.258 mpg!

666steve, Mar 26, 10:14pm
$600 US = $800NZ.

Looks pretty cool. Sure there would be a huge demand here as a commuter.

Mind you, Rego and road user charges will mean it's probably cheaper to run

a V8.

http://www.examiner.com/trendy-living-in-national/volkswagen-s-600-car-gets-258-mpg

intrade, Mar 26, 10:24pm
government is not intrested in you saving you money like you said right they will find ways to stop you from using these or add a tax that your cheaper off driving a v8 in the end.

a18a, Mar 26, 10:37pm
lol I thought it was a mini z06 when i first glimpsed at it

sfw4, Mar 26, 10:46pm
Yawn" waste of time. You just know NZ Car Dealers will hype the price to $20,000NZD straight off the lot by time it gets sold here

mcscottwgtn, Mar 26, 11:22pm
The pic linked looks exactly like the VW 1 Litre Concept of 2002! The next generation VW L1 Concept of 2009 is claimed to be hitting the market in 2012. NZ Autocar (March) had an article about the above lightweight drinkers. It was claimed that the public couldn't accept the tandem seating and clambering over the sill to get in.
Looks a tad fragile to me. Prefer to be in the neighbours Ford F150 Truck for safety sake. Image a F150 hitting this thing.

666steve, Mar 27, 1:33am
I thought those micro cars were banned here because of safety considerations. I heard there are piles of them available for import.

nicolaas3, Mar 27, 3:23am
There is no way that it could be sold for $800 - thats what you pay for a decent lawnmower.
A decent scooter costs $2100 or so, and thats a budget, mass produced lump of plastic and steel.A fully fledged carbon fibre micro car is gonna be at least $15k.

serf407, Mar 27, 7:35am

sfw4, Mar 27, 10:38am
ahh fooey! Car Dealers will simply follow the Supermarket, Oil Cartel model and all get together and hype the price/ price fix. Plenty $$ to be made.

sfw4, Mar 27, 11:07am
youre not selling them. please explain the Oil Cartel, Dairy Cartel, Supermarket Cartel! You can be sure of Gods green apples some Dealer will get the exclusive and sold only thru them. monopoly

ginga4lyfe, Mar 27, 11:20am
Hey Kaz, why dont you import K-Cars! ya know the 660cc and less cars japan oh so loves!! I wander what a Suzuki Alto Works rzr AWD Turbo would cost to import. if you could get them here!

mrfxit, Mar 27, 5:58pm
Brand NEW. maybe, but the s/h market will pick them up soon enough & they can't restrict who sell's s/h.

smac, Mar 27, 9:14pm
Exactly. If NZ's cared as much about economy as they claim, or as much as the media think we do/should, we'd all be driving plastic smart cars. But we don't. Here a car is a penis extension and/or style statement, so theres no market for them.

mrfxit, Mar 27, 9:18pm
But I DO CARE . & besides that . I can carry a lot of gear/junk/ ppl & do a lot of things with/ on my "penis extension and/or style statement"

tshop, Sep 2, 2:16pm
I,D B