Selling/ sold car

hondalova, Mar 27, 4:58am
i have a car that i have sold on friday.but last monday a guy came and had a look at it. few hours later he rung up and said if i (me) was to fix oil leak and put a new wof on he would consider to buy it. i said ok i may do the leak next weekend if i still have it. now its saturday and it sold, so i have just rung up the guy (that had a look on monday) to say someone has bought. he goes ape sh1t at me cos he said that he owned it and i cant sell it to other guy. i said that you havent signed an agreement that you own it or paid a deposit.
Who is in the wrong! me for selling it to other guy or him!

hondalova, Mar 27, 4:58am
hope you understand.

carmedic, Mar 27, 5:01am
I think that says it all really.
What are you worried about!

intrade, Mar 27, 5:01am
you have a car sold once you got the money.If he wanted it he should have made a deposit or full paymant with a checque dated for the day of pickup.

mike107, Mar 27, 5:02am
Has he changed the ownership into his name!

hondalova, Mar 27, 5:04am
no i still own it (In my name)

pico42, Mar 27, 5:05am
You were perfectly entitled to sell the car to the saturday purchaser. The first guy should have made it perfectly clear that he was buying the car with that work done, by way of contract or deposit. He didn't. there was no contract in place, so stiff shit for him.

mike107, Mar 27, 5:08am
He can change it into his name on line at the LTSA web site.

mike107, Mar 27, 5:10am
he goes ape sh1t at me cos he said that he owned it and i cant sell it to other guy.

So he might have changed the ownership on line!

mike107, Mar 27, 5:11am
You can check it on Carjam.

fordluva, Mar 27, 5:13am
Know where any speed cameras are!

icemans1, Mar 27, 5:52am
no holding deposit! tell him to get flucked

tigra, Aug 31, 3:55pm
Also tell him you didnt fix it either.But either way if he didnt pay a deposit to secure it he has no claim. Just ignore him. personally i wouldnt have even rung him.