My new car.

jezz43, Mar 25, 9:33am
so i decided not to buy the merc, and bought a 1998 VT commodore instead. very comfy to drive and pretty economical on gas. not to mention a big step up from a mazda astina :) so what i want to know is, what are common faults! also my brake pedal has a slight shuddering under braking. would that be something wrong with the ABS!

mantagsi, Mar 25, 9:35am
Keep an eye out for rusty chassis rails from memory, and shuddering could be warped brake rotors. if it isnt too bad hopefully they can be machined true again. Theres probably all sorts of little niggles to watch out for in a vt, of all people I should know but there will be a few holden types around who will see you right :)

dunbar01, Mar 26, 3:10am
I've had brake shudder in my car. It's not caused by warped rotors that most beleive. It's caused by people just changing their pads continuiously without getting the rotors shimmed now and again, they don't wear in like they should which creates the shudder. So the only way to fix it is, get the rotors machined and fit new pads. Then bed them in.

jezz43, Mar 26, 3:12am
yea, im getting that done next week along with new pads. was just hoping it not something major

r15, Aug 26, 9:51am
in some cases new disc rotors are as cheap as getting them machines- be sure to check out the prices of new ones.cant beat new