Supercars

Page 2 / 2
socram, Mar 21, 6:07am
Missed you kellrae!You must have been hiding.What was the big delay after the crash in the BMW race!Was someone hurt!I was packing up at the time but noticed that nothing happened for quite a while but could see the officials in a huddle, just after the sweeper.

As for TV3.Not exactly impressed either.We really do need a dedicated motorsport channel.There is one for rugby and two for dogmeat racing, so I really don't see the problem with one for all forms of motorsport. Obviously not all events could be live or even close to it.

vivarichie, Mar 21, 6:35am
Thanks for the tip about watching it online. It ran fine for me. Just finished race 2, now I can sleep tonight :) Might continue watching online so I don't have to wait for TV3.

climbaguy, Mar 21, 6:39am
Here'e the place to make a complaint:

http://www.mediaworks.co.nz/Default.aspx!tabid=267

z-man, Mar 21, 7:03am
+1

When they cut live V8 races from Australia they promised both races on the Sunday. but midnight Sunday FFS.
The sooner someone else gets the rights to cover the V8 SuperCarsthe better.

twink19, Mar 21, 8:09am
race 2 was much better with rain, then dry then wet again,

rsr72, Mar 21, 6:46pm
Great racing.
Only just made it to 2.30 am- thanks TV3.

climbaguy, Mar 21, 7:48pm
If you're disappointed about TV3's pathetic decision & lack of respect to motorsport fans, tell them thatreplies@tv3.co.nz

I doubt they read discussion forums.

Do it. Now.

kellrae, Mar 21, 9:00pm
Hi socram - I wasn't hiding really.I was in front of the pit garages with the Alfa Formule Boxer man (he is too scottish to pay for the garage!) and it was great in the shade.Did go down to the Alfa area a couple of times to hand out membership cards to those that had renewed early and we did a quick zip around this pits, but the gravel is a bit hard on the powerchair.Saw you from a distance, but that was it.

Delay after the BMW accident was because of the mess (sweeping track) and the MSNZ boys checking the damage to the concrete barrier which had been cracked (I believe) and moved out of position and supported by tyres.I heard them say as they were walking back to control, it is ok until the end of today, but no more racing until it is repaired!So they will be buzy at HD this week.

No one was injured but I understand things are a bit frosty in the BMW Open camp.We were near some of their garages, but gave everyone 'space' as there were mutterings going on.I won't say anything more.

Now there is more concrete for the power chair to travel on (and a sort of disabled accessible toilet, - the ramp to the toilets is very dodgy!)I can once again go to HD.Only there for Sunday but stayed the Sat night in 405.Most pleasant waking up in the morning and no rushing to the track, especially yesterday to find the fog closing in then disappearing and returning thus delaying the start of play by over an hour or more!The extra coffee in the apartment was most relaxing!

kellrae, Mar 21, 9:01pm
It doesnt work - we have tried and failed.And the 'we' was a large group of passionate fans.

elect70, Mar 21, 11:47pm
They have these boxes in hoseholds that tell networks what gets wathched . M sport doesnt even register , so low rating , plus the cost to have it live . Be gratefull for what you getits not a big $$ earner for them , dont see all the motor trade advertising while its on do we . In Fact i didnt even see SCthey usually put their ads on during it .

kellrae, Aug 12, 1:53am
No one is watching because it is NOT live!When TVNZ had live coverage there was a huge following.(Supported by the number of Kiwis who use to cross the Tasman to watch the races - hardly anyone bothers now, as the passion is gone.)

Now with it being delayed, cut and 'old news' people record and watch 'ad free' using the fast forward button!

No one in their right mind would stay up to midnight to watch a replay of a race that finished 6 hrs earlier, and as a result, what advertiser would waste their money advertising when potential viewer will record and hit the FF button.

Anyone can make statistics say what they want them to say!

And people wonder why the Hamilton 400 is not being followed!

AVESCO - owners of the event just fleece kiwis now.TV3 paid over the top, that is all they cared about, they don't give a dot that we have terrible coverage, they have their money.Just like Hamilton City has been bleed dry by set up costs and issues - not AVESCO's problem.