V8 Supercars. Racing in austentexas from 2013 amp bathurst to be shown live in nth america this yearwho said its dying

Page 1 / 2
likit, Sep 15, 1:10am
racing in Austen,Texas from 2013 & Bathurst to be shown live in Nth America this year.Who said its dying!

rustihammer, Sep 15, 1:25am
I bet they get better TV coverage than what we do.Home of motor sport my arse.

scotthurst01, Sep 15, 1:51am
It's not dying. TV3 are murdering it.

gman35, Sep 15, 2:13am
I guess the average american will find it exciting compared to also-all-the same-looking Nascars just going around an oval ! They are hardly a gauge for good entertainment value figures.Bring back something like group A with different sized / branded / engined cars and I will be the first to watch Aussie motor sport again.

likit, Sep 15, 2:38am
They show what people want,obviously NO ONE wanted Group A,at least in this part of the world.They wouldn't survive commercially if they didn't show what people want & V8 Supercars are slowly going global.

gman35, Sep 15, 2:46am
I guess what I am saying from my point of view as a car enthusiast , is thatthat the model you can buy and drive on the road is getting more and more removed from the same model on the racetrack. So why not just watch the pinnacle which is F1 where the "cars" also all look the same , but are faster still ! (P.S. I don't watch it for the same reason).

budgel, Sep 15, 2:50am
I watched some of the historic racing on tv last weekend, Camaros, Mustangs, Falcons ,BMW etc. etc. Much more interesting as a spectacle.

gman35, Sep 15, 2:57am
Yes , because some cars are slower on the straights but quicker in corners , or quicker top speed but passed under braking etc etc , not just all basically the same looking at basically same speed ay.

mellisa2000, Sep 15, 10:07am
+1, and as above, TV3 Murdered that too.

bubbles244, Sep 15, 10:15am
As Rowan Atkinson said on topgear, mini's drive like there on rails

foxdonut, Sep 15, 10:18am
I like the Supercar Series. Yeah yeah, "they're less like the road cars and they're all the same now anyway etc" - Of course they are, they're Category FIA race cars. And since I don't give a shit about "The mighty" Holden and Ford bullshit its actually quite fun to watch big munter cars charging around rough circuits bashing into each other and having a laugh - you don't get that in formula racing where a minor touch ends the race for two or more drivers - the V8's on the other hand can deal with a bump and a push here and there and it makes it fun.

If you want mixed category racing there's a shit load of it out there - FIA GT3, Le Mans, ALMS and Japan GT etc etc (The Skylines btw suck balls in all these).

pollymay, Sep 15, 6:42pm
They always have, my first memory of being up against a skyline in a roadrace was watching it back up a bank in the first corner.

bill-robinson, Sep 15, 6:49pm
You must love stock cars then

kcf, Sep 15, 8:33pm
put the touring cars on rally roads, and I'll watch them!Otherwise, nope.

scotthurst01, Sep 15, 8:37pm
The 12 hour at Bathurst is open to all classes, ain't it!

Just a pity we don't get coverage of it.

elect70, Sep 16, 12:12am
Yanks spoiled forTVchoice , nascarIRL ,Lemans,sports car racing& nowV8 supercars

guider1, Sep 16, 12:16am
Yep, I thought it was a 24hr or have they cut it in half!

guider1, Sep 16, 12:34am
Must be a DVD or something of when the HSV427 blitzed the entire field by multiple laps. running down the Lambo's, Ferarri's & Porsche's on Conrod & passing them with ease. I loved the article in Speed Sport mag years ago after the Monaro won. the interviews & quotes from other drivers saying how fast the Monaro was.
One of the Lambo drivers (who was also a Supercar driver, cant remember who) said he was well onto Conrod & had been warned by the team that the Monaro was coming & coming fast. In his interview he said it was something he will never forget. He looked in his rear-view mirror to see the "Yellow Monster" come down off the hill onto Conrod; he had just snatched top gear in the Lambo & was reaching top speed. he looked in the mirror again to see the Monaro gaining rapidly, he was approaching the Chase when he looked for a 3rd time & the Monaro was on top of him & blew past him with ease. He said the wind that the Monaro was pushing felt like a truck had just passed him.
All the International manufacturers laughed when Holden said they were entering the Monaro. they were all crying by the end of the race!
The race started out good for the Monaro then disaster struck; one of the centre-lock wheelnuts wouldnt come off so the removed the entire hub assembly with the wheel attached. They quickly gained placings but disaster struck again with a fuel system failure. They thought it was the end for them but they replaced the entire system (pumps, filters, regulators, injectors etc) which put them 23 laps down on the lead car. and they still won by 11 laps. lol.
WHERE'S THE BLOODY DVD!

scotthurst01, Sep 16, 12:37am
Murph and Brock in '03! With Tander right behind them.

Last few laps. http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=_F2iFcqqUvU

esprit, Sep 16, 12:47am
I think you'll find that the HSV427 was a beneficiary of a VERY fortunate set of regs whereby the rest of the field was racing to FIA GT2 regs, but the HSV was pretty much a no-rules racer that was allowed to do as they please, hence had a MASSIVE power advantage over the restricted GT2 cars.

guider1, Sep 16, 12:48am
DAMN!. dirty Dial-up cant handle Youtube. i'll have to watch it on my phone later. Cheers for that scotthurst01

guider1, Sep 16, 12:51am
Rules are rules & if your car fits within the rules you can race. Any other team could've built a similar car. but they didnt because they all thought the Monaro would be no threat. They all got a short sharp lesson never to underestimate a so-called "lesser" car as the Porsche team so kindly put it.

foxdonut, Sep 16, 5:10am
Thats straight up bullshit and you know it. Those cars were Corvette Z06R Le Mans endurance racers, with two top teir Bathurst drivers vs N-GT and privateer teams who'd never even visited Australia.

Run your one off cars against real competetion and they're average at best, probably limited further by the "holden" 'aero' package that was made for the chassis.

foxdonut, Sep 16, 5:27am
GT3 only.

guider1, Sep 17, 9:59pm
Looked like Monaro's to me & the rest of the world. AND they even de-tuned them from over 700hp back to about 640hp (I think) for that race yet the exoctic pigs were still no match. lol.
The bullshit is flowing from you freely. if you paid attention to that race you would have noticed that there were a number of Supercar drivers names popping up for the other cars as well so your argument holds no merit.
My point is that the Exotic manufacturers laughed & could'nt have cared less about Holden entering the Monaro's because their heads were/are so far up their own asses they assumed their wonderful exotic piles of dung would blitz such a common vehicle like the dirty old Monaro's.
Sorry Jacko. who had egg on their face by the end of the race!. certainly not Holden/HRT.
How embarrassing ay. 23 laps down yet they won by 11 laps. my my my, doesnt say much for those exotics now does it! lol.