What's best way/method to advertise car

male_timaru, Jan 30, 1:58am
I have my 95 RVR and I am wanting to upgrade / sell / trade / auction whatever

What is the best method when trying to go newer and newer and so on with cars - especially like to hear from kazbanz CT and so forth

She's in great condition low(ish kms - 143200) Auto and so on

In your opinions what method would YOU take to try and do the trade up then next car trade up again - I don't mind putting in a couple hundy - $1K extra to trade to a newer vehicle and so on, etc

Just wandered from people who have done the 'rough bit of coal' to 'diamond' route on car trades to get to where you want to without having to borrow $10K to buy a sparkly car immediately as this is not an option

kazbanz, Jan 30, 4:54am
In my view you already know the answer to this.
As a registered trader I "can't" offer you the following advice.
1) Find a $500 pos with rego/wof --Buy it.
2) polish the RVR -detail itand sell it for more than it owes youIN TOTAL -DON'T forget to allow ALL costs involved.
3)The profit should cover the cost of the $500 car
4)go find another car similar to the RVR-don't be make/model specific.
5)repeat step 2.
6)Put the profit money in a safe.
7) repeat step 4.5 and 6 untill you have enough money to buy the car you want from wherever. If its a dealer trade in the $500 heap

Not rocket science as long as you keep a clear tally of what a car owes you and what it will sell for.

edangus, Jan 30, 5:08am
Save your money. pay cash.sell RVR private. Only way to do it without borrowing. So many pitfalls when buying cheapies to pass off as OK trade ins.

jcwholesale, Jan 30, 5:41am
Go and see kaz, say you want a 5k min trade on one of his 6k cars he has on special, I am sure he would do that for you. LOL. Good luck

br.jacko, Jan 30, 7:57am
sell rvr for 2000,buy 4 $500 cars ,take them all to caryard at same time and get $3000 min trade in for each car,12g for 4 cars,top up with your $1000 and you have a $13000 car ,easy.

male_timaru, Jan 30, 10:59am
I am sure it was Paparic who was doing the same thing about a year or two ago - i just cannot find the thread to find out how he did it - I am sure he just up traded each time until he got to his goal .

Anyone remember that thread - more like 2 yrs ago