Car valet

helen_nz2, Feb 1, 7:50am
Have just purcahsed a car but it needs a good clean ie. more than just vacuum and wash, it needs a good shampoo inside as well as wash and wax job. Is there anyone that can ve recommended in the AUckland area.

firemansgirl, Feb 1, 7:52am
What area of Auckland are you in!

helen_nz2, Feb 1, 8:00am
live in West Auckland, work in city, so either will do or nearabout. Possibly needs a cut and polish as well, there's a few surface scratches.

grangies, Feb 1, 8:05am
Be prepared to pay $400 to $600 for a real good valet job including cut and polish.

helen_nz2, Feb 1, 8:07am
then maybe I should leave the cut & polish for another time. The interior does need a good clean though and I'd like to do it now

clark20, Feb 1, 9:43am

yogibearz, Feb 1, 4:35pm
ever thought of doing it yourself !

amber.gumdrop, Feb 1, 5:29pm
or buying top quality products and employing a local teenager to do the grunt work!

carstauranga001, Feb 1, 6:41pm
Codswollop!

helen_nz2, Feb 1, 7:28pm
Thanks, I think I have enough intelligence to decide if it's something that can be done by be myself or whether it needs some professional TLC .given that I have seen the car, think I'm in a good position to judge. This needs more than a bit of spray and wipe.

kazbanz, Feb 1, 8:09pm
Helenfor the Outside I'd recommendcontacting John at Touch up guys west auckland. Nice bloke and he will cut/poish and if needed pencil touch up all round the car for you.
Interior groomers I'd be tempted to suggest you go to henderson malll Theres a grooming company there that does a not bad job.We do all our own grooming inhouse so I don't know who else to suggest.

kazbanz, Feb 1, 8:09pm
Helenfor the Outside I'd recommendcontacting John at Touch up guys west auckland. Nice bloke and he will cut/poish and if needed pencil touch up all round the car for you.
Interior groomers I'd be tempted to suggest you go to henderson malll Theres a grooming company there that does a not bad job.We do all our own grooming inhouse so I don't know who else to suggest.
Now heres where it gets a bit difficult.
Some of the products used to shine up the interior of the car are NOY products the exterior guy is going to want anywhere near the paintwork.
I would STRONGLY recommend you get the exterior done first.
IncidentlyI feel the interior will cost $120and a really good exterior clean up will cost $200-$ 300--but will transform the car
I'm not allowed to suggest you come see me for specific advice once you get the car.I wouldn't do the work but once seen I couyld liukley tell you exactly what needs to be done

helen_nz2, Feb 1, 8:51pm
thanks kazbanz. I will give John at Touch a call. The interior needs a good shampoo to get some stains out of the seating is why I'm keen to get that done first.It looks a bit dirty and I want the "new car" feeling I guess

kazbanz, Feb 1, 9:13pm
no worries Helen. My advice re interior is to wait till a stinking hot sunny day for the interior. It will need a shampoo to remove the stains and the hotter the day the quicker the seats dry

siobhan41, Feb 2, 12:11am
I have had a few cars done at this place in New Lynn and been very happy.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sheryls-Car-Valet/118170754916926