Am i dumb or is this 2 auctions for 1 car.

cantab1971, Feb 2, 4:18am
443526065and 443337539 !

doesn't make sense.is this normal practice guys!

(been keenly watching the 443337539 and thinking about chipping in with a bid - nice smaller beamer for the missus)

moosie_21, Feb 2, 4:25am
Something smells fishy. Bet top bidder is a shill bidder, then offered for a grand under what the other ad is for.

jason18, Feb 2, 4:28am
I got asked the other day why I had my car advertised for 1 dollar and the other was 4.5k. And what would happen to the car if it sold twice.I pointed out one was classified that pointed to the $1 reserve Subby

jason18, Feb 2, 4:30am
Why is this car advertised on a second site on trademe akasea (7 )9:47 am, Sat 28 Jan
I asked my friend to sale on my behalf, cause i will move overseas soon, so decide to dollar it. Thanks

cantab1971, Feb 2, 4:30am
yeah.i suppose if someone hits buy now on the bigger price one, then they just withdraw the one that finishes later.problem is they'll annoy the people that have bid.I would be pissed off if I was winning an auction that got withdrawn!I;m trying to work out just how "fishy" this is, and probably i still have nothing to lose by throwing a bid in.!

cantab1971, Feb 2, 4:32am
yeah.i've since seen that question, thanks.I just wonder if the sale will go through if he only gets $10k or something, given the price he's looking for on the other listing!

jason18, Feb 2, 4:38am
I have been offered heaps of cash prices to withdraw mine. I thought na bugger it its just not fair to withdraw.

moosie_21, Feb 2, 4:39am
There's no way it will reach his reserve, and if you do bid you'll get an e-mail saying "Buyer didn't go through with trade" within 10 kminutes of it closing. Keep us informed if you do decide to bid, we'll pillary him if he's a crook!

cantab1971, Feb 2, 4:40am
I dont know anything about your type of car, why are people offering you cash to withdraw it, why don't they just bid! but good on ya.it seems a low price at the moment.are you nervous!

cantab1971, Feb 2, 4:54am
have thrown a bid in.will bid up to what i can spend.wont be anywhere near the price on the other auction though.but oh well.

kazbanz, Feb 2, 6:13am
UM I know this car. Its for sale OBO at Babalon Auto's.
so its on $1.00 reserveand retail and auctiuon at babalonhmm

jason18, Feb 2, 6:23am
Mate i am super nervous but its quite exciting. Im guessing they think car will go higher so want to get in with an offer first haha

cantab1971, Feb 2, 6:29am
see, now i have to watch your auction instead of the starcraft GSL i was trying to catch up on !exciting.best of luck mate!

jason18, Feb 2, 6:38am
Hahah thanks. I have nearly 200 watchers but probably only 1 bidder haha

edangus, Feb 2, 7:53am
Yet another shonky dealer. How the heck do they get away with it!

jason18, Feb 2, 8:16am
6.6k not bad! Considering I paid 6.3 for my falcon stoked

cantab1971, Feb 2, 8:34am
yeah i watched. Well done :) have a drink!