Classic Motorcycle - vinned ?

macmar, Feb 9, 4:47am
Hi - could someone please tell me the procedure and costs involved to have a 1972 motorcycle vinned.The frame number is still in the system apparently.Many thanks:)

macmar, Feb 9, 4:47am
Hi - could someone please tell me the procedure and costs involved to have a 1972 motorcycle re- vinned.The frame number is still in the system apparently.Many thanks:)

kazbanz, Feb 9, 5:36am

macmar, Feb 9, 6:27am
Thank you very much

attitudedesignz, Feb 9, 6:32am
And it's a very simple process. I did one last year, was a little worried but was very painless.

Also as it's a '72 you will NOT have to get a disc thickness check done.

Search around for a bike friendly inspector to do it. I had one here in NP and he made it so easy.

richynuts, Feb 9, 8:46am
Need to get a staturary declaration form from vinz, no longer need a police 'vehicle of interest' form

macmar, Feb 10, 12:02am
Thanks - attitudedesignz - where did you get it done in New Plymouth!

attitudedesignz, Feb 10, 1:04am
VTNZ in the valley.

You would have to book it in as the guy (sorry his name has escaped me) that does them only comes in when a bike is booked in.BUT.he's been very crook (with terminal "C" word) so i don't know if he still does them.

The AA down the back of EIT does them though and have always found the guys there very helpfull and freindly.

macmar, Feb 10, 4:10am
Thank you - I did ring VTNZ and they said the guy was still away at the moment but to check when the bike arrives.Otherwise we will take it to AA.Many thanks for your help.

attitudedesignz, Feb 10, 4:15am
Keep us posted on progress.