"Motoring" now just "how to fix my heap ? "

gman35, Feb 11, 12:26pm
OK it's early Sun morn and I should be in bed but are getting frustrated going through recent posts , what has happened to this subject guys ! , all we get now are questions about how to fix broken stuff on my Ford / Holden , where are the cheapest repairs done , what is my P.O.S worth (without any relevant info) , and nasty slanging matches after someone has mentioned that their matt grey Cefiro is the fastest thing on 4 wheels. Can we not discuss recent car design , some car news that has just been released , or decent comments on interesting vehicles etc ! Apes would be embarrased by some of the subjects or comments lately.

foxdonut, Feb 11, 2:14pm
This has _never_ been forum that discusses design, news or interesting cars.

gammelvind, Feb 11, 7:02pm
How about posing the question about the subject you want discussed, you may be surprised at the quality of the reply that you receive.
Then again you might not be.

flockton55, Feb 11, 7:11pm
Your definition of an interesting car might be someone else's P.O.S, and vice versa.There are many cars I don't rate highly, but I understand why their owners might feel differently. This is very obvious in the classic car world. Collectors of older Japanese cars are regularly scorned by fans of British or American cars.The term above is often used.The same goes for classic motorcycles. I have a 'classic' Japanese bike, but would probably be derided by some others.
If we accept that everyone has a slightly different definition of beauty, then we'll all get on together.

amie10, Feb 11, 7:25pm
Thread fail!

hutchk, Feb 11, 7:30pm
This is a decent forum :

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php!forumid=91

One off $10 US fee if you want to participate instead of lurk, but well worth it.

rob_man, Feb 11, 7:31pm
This forum appears to reflect the full spectrum of the population in general, it would be easy to despair of finding nuggets amongst the dross but it does occur sometimes.
Sorry to be of help.