Mechanics Seat

intrade, Feb 13, 3:46am
hardly ever need to knee down i got to crawl under cars only time i need a seat is when i do automatic transmissions and got to adjust the bands , and i just use a normal steel chair or foldup ones. I cant see the use for one of these when you just push the upwards button on the car hoist to be able to work standing .

pup2, Feb 13, 3:57am
Unlucky for me, we don't have a hoist in our workshop. Sparky workshop.

thunderbolt, Feb 13, 3:59am
Since I dont have a 2 post hoist in my garage, these are great for any job at wheel or hub level when the car is on stands.

Would have that knee cap a bit of work.

kazbanz, Feb 13, 4:01am
pup--I use a round seat with a tray under it. which is pretty effective
A thought for you muight be to get a carpetlayers knee brace/cover.

pup2, Feb 13, 4:05am
yea, was thinking of the knee pads as well. There are times when you just have to be on your knees. Mmmmm, that didn't come out right

ladatrouble, Feb 13, 4:22am
Get a round one, the ones with the flat seat break - they are just weatbix wood.

hutchk, Feb 13, 4:22am
A warning about the exact stool you linked to - if you scoot back too quickly (or run over a tiny bit of crap on the floor) they can flip over and dump you on your arse. I speak from experience.

gunhand, Feb 13, 4:25am
I use both, office type swivel chair on castors and at times knee pads. Chairs are great if your working at that level.Some knee pads need a wifes sewing machine to make some adjustments as they seem to made for people with legs like tree trunks. Once you get them sorted there pretty good things. I use snap on ones.

gunhand, Feb 13, 4:45am
Or he could just man up. Back in my day we had no flash concretefloor to kneel on nooo sirrr eeee. We had gravel, and not that smooth girly gravel. That pointy shit it was. Made a man out of ya it did. Youngins these days just dont know how lucky they have it. Probably got a door on the shed to stop the winter gail getting in.

attitudedesignz, Feb 13, 4:47am
LOL, i've got two out in the shed meself.

pup2, Feb 13, 4:52am
Yea, as dave limps around the shop with his sore knees, I think I should harden up lol. We still have a gravel drive as well remember. Well. we did a couple of months ago

gunhand, Feb 13, 4:58am
So you get a chair then the boss uses it all the time, Good on you very charitable of you.Also I have an old sofa cushion (big sqaure one) with heavy duty cover on it as well.

steve312, Feb 13, 7:47am
Have a Snapon seat like the one you listed and it is great for doing brakes when the vehicle is up on axle stands.

Totally agree about being careful when scooting backwards on them.Have had to pick myself up off the floor on more than one occasion.

Would highly recommend them.

pup2, Feb 13, 8:42am
Cool. Cheers everyone. Expect you Gunhand lol. Cheeky bugger. Will come for a coffee and a catch up