Best small car under 10k

serious6, Feb 17, 7:31pm
I currently have a Holden Barina (2001).It's been a great runaround, but we now want to update.I'd like to do a bit better than the Barina - it's only a small 3 door and a bit plasticy!

I want a 1300-1500cc , 5 door, small, cheap! (would love to stick around $5-8k, but could go to $10k).

I've looked on TM at Honda Jazz,Fitz, Echo,Toyota Vitz, Honda Civic.
does anyone have any comment (poss/neg) about any of these cars!

As I am short, I love a steering wheel that moves up or down and seats that do the same.Do you have to buy a sporty version to get these!My Barina has none of that!

tar.

bellky, Feb 17, 8:32pm
it's ugly though

kazbanz, Feb 17, 8:34pm
serious- Im sorry there is NO one answer to that question.
In NO way am I being evasiveits just thatwhats best for one person really is no good for someone else or simply doesn't ring their belllooks wise.
I must say given your description of YOU that right away I thoughtHMM a Mazda Demio sportwould be perfect.
Small car with lots of load space. Sporty looking,Good reliable engine/gearbox --AND a BIG range of adjustment in seat height and adjustable steering wheel height too
But heck theres also the Toyota Ist which I'm sure the new shape swift was styled after.
Really thewre is so much choice

johnf_456, Feb 18, 2:51am
Punto's are ugly

jmma, Feb 18, 3:52am
it's ugly though

bellky (86 )9:32 am, Sat 18 Feb #4

Punto's are ugly

johnf_456 (155 )3:51 pm, Sat 18 Feb #6

Reminds me, what about an Echo (o:

morrisman1, Feb 18, 5:22am
One minute Jazz recommends a Punto grande for someone wanting a family car, ie. a big car, then nek minit he is recommending it for someone wanting a small car.

Which one is it Jazz!

kazbanz, Feb 18, 5:55am
Echos are good cars but for under 10k theyll be looking at a 1300 and fairly old too

taipan4, Feb 18, 6:00am
multipla multipla multipla punto punto VW VWVW but seriously if you want somethingreliableI think it starts with "T"

mgmad, Feb 18, 6:12am
TVR!

intrade, Feb 18, 6:14am
Triumph

trouser, Feb 18, 6:25am
Trebant!

extrayda, Feb 18, 6:44am
Geez you guys, he obviously means a Trekka.

grangies, Feb 18, 7:06am
Trans Am

grangies, Feb 18, 7:07am
Thunderbird!

disco_super_fly, Feb 18, 7:13am
Nissan Pulsar!

fatman08, Feb 18, 7:20am
Taking miss 18 tomorrow to look at a '02 LS Pulsar.