New car only one set of keys

ashd93, Mar 1, 9:19pm
Have just brought a new car, but it is only coming with one set of keys. The car is alarmed so i will need to get another set made with a remote for turning the alarm off. The alarm is a uniden one. Anyone know the best and cheapest way to get this done!

hamhonda, Mar 1, 10:52pm
is it a NEW car or just a new second hand car!If its new from dealer then they should give you a spare set with remote, if its second hand car you'll need to get another key cut & speaker to your local auto electrician about getting an extra remote

therafter1, Mar 1, 11:06pm
You do not always get two remotes when you buy a new (as in new new car) as I discovered (depends on the make). cost me nearly 350 for the second remote including having the remote set up for the car so that the wife and I had one each.

bashfulbro, Mar 2, 1:46am
i`d bet if you told them you wouldn`t buy a new car from them unless it had spare keys and remote, that they would give you a set.

kazbanz, Mar 2, 2:35am
ashd -if its a "new to you" car then your best bet is to take the car to uniden to get a remote coded to your car -$80 roughly.
Without knowing the year/make/model I wont comment on the cost of a replacement key but HOPING its got a simple key then you will go to a key cutter and get a key cut for $20 -UM if its got a fancy key then could be a lot more

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 2, 3:41am
Another thing to add to the buyer's checklist: two keys & remotes.

ashd93, Mar 2, 4:10am
Should have specified car is only new to me not new car . Thanks for recommendations guys !