Any sites telll you who the owner of a car is from

writy, Mar 25, 9:00am
their rego plate.!

mugenb20b, Mar 25, 9:17am
I don't think so.

hamishcookie, Mar 25, 9:27am
Been a recent law change that protects that info, even when going to buy a car to check the owner I had to enter their name for it to tell me if I was correct or not.

el-chico, Mar 25, 9:57am
carjam.co.nz

smac, Mar 25, 7:01pm
Wrong.

tgray, Mar 25, 7:05pm
Although the new law protects the owners privacy, it is now easier for illegal dealers to sell cars on, pretending to own them themselves. Yes, you can check with date of birth details etc, but how many actually do that!

the_don_61, Mar 25, 8:41pm
can you still pay a small fee and get info from the post shop.

curlcrown, Mar 25, 8:44pm
The best you can hope for is to find out who the car is registered to, but this does not prove or disprove the legal ownership and in many cases they are two different people or businesses. You are better off to do a security check at the cost of $1 and a stolen check for free.

smac, Mar 25, 8:45pm
Nope. You can confirm that the person who says they are the registered owner is the registered owner, you can do a security check, and you can check if it's reported stolen.

mopsy3, Mar 25, 11:13pm
You can still log on to carjam, and pay a small fee to find the previous owners names. Last time I did it a few months ago it was $9. pretty sure you can still do it.

hamishcookie, Mar 25, 11:36pm
I did it 2 weeks ago, and it prompts you to enter the current owners name with DOB and it will tell you if thats the correct owner or not.