Ultra-low mileage car values?

fiatracer, Apr 19, 11:11pm
hi, i'm not trying to self-promote, but I have been asked to sell a car for a relative and an wondering what the consensus here would be regarding its value. It's a late '94 [sold new '95] NZ new civic sedan, auto, prob the highest NZ spec with leather etc. Interior and mechanicals are mint, exterior just has a few minor blemishes.the thing is - it's only done 69,000km, and has full service history [incl belts and coolant just done]. I'm wondering if 3k is about right - and yes I know I could just $1 reserve it.Thoughts!

fiatracer, Apr 19, 11:12pm
oh, it's 1 old lady owner! and as far as she can recall, the back seats have never even been sat in!

richardmayes, Apr 19, 11:20pm
It's not really a classic, nor a particularly sought-after model for the Honda fanboys.

I guess all you can do is imagine yourself in a buyer's shoes, and think of the maximum price at which you would buy that car rather than something newer.!

fiatracer, Apr 19, 11:23pm
true - I see it more as a lightly-used car good for a small family, or newly licensed driver.

sifty, Apr 19, 11:25pm
that's not that low, thought it was going to be a couple of thousand k's given the heading.

My Nana sold her Anglia with 17,000 mile on it, out of interest. She'd had it from new, and it was meticulously serviced. Wish I had bought it, but was a student at the time and had nowhere to keep it.

[edit] First gear was probably worn out - the original car owned by a little old lady only used to go to church on Sundays.

curlcrown, Apr 19, 11:26pm
I'd pay $2500 for it if it looks and drives like its done 69000km.

trdbzr, Apr 19, 11:30pm
Around the $3k mark should see it being sold quickly.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 19, 11:32pm
Two ways to find out, look at other similar cars here of equivalent and see what price it fetches or list it and see how it goes. put it as ONO and if she really wants to get rid of it, it's open for negotiation.

fiatracer, Apr 19, 11:54pm
sifty wrote:
that's not that low, thought it was going to be a couple of thousand k's given the heading.

True, but compared with most mid-90s civics. with 50k wound off while on the boat from Japan.

shaun16, Apr 19, 11:59pm
low k's isnt always a selling point. my aunty had a honda prelude late 80's she owned from BRAND NEW, but sold it for fark all recently as even though it looked brand new and had about 80,000 genuine k's the engine was basically stuffed as it did all short trips and she nana drove it everywhere

msigg, Apr 20, 5:14am
3k is a bargin, try $3700 ono.

stevexc, Apr 20, 5:18am
I'd happily pay $3000 for that if I was after a car at the moment.Aim higher!

kazbanz, Apr 20, 8:28am
FR-- My opinion is you should ask 3.500 for it. You'll get a lot of tyre kickers butI bet youll get around 32-33 for it becuase of the history and milage