Car was working this morning nekminnit now its not

mcholden1, Apr 20, 6:14am
So i took my vl commodore into the mechanics to get som extractors put on this morning never had a problem with it starting always starts first pop. got a call from the mechanics this arvo saying they put the extractors on but now they cant start it. i had a look it it have no idea what they did they were trying to get me to call a auto sparky but im f!*ked of the i bought it in working now its not and i need my car asap

panicky, Apr 20, 6:23am
Might not have disconnected the battery and fried something welding the exhaust

mcholden1, Apr 20, 6:29am
yea i asked if they dissconnected the battery when they where welding and they said no so no i am very f$#$d off

jmma, Apr 20, 6:33am
Not Mechanics then, somewhere like Pitstop matbe!

mcholden1, Apr 20, 6:37am
oh weelll they can pay for it to get fixed would of fixed it myself but dont have a welder

mcholden1, Apr 20, 6:50am
so they have blowen my ecu

ladyjet1, Apr 20, 7:14am
I'm sure they'd be liable!

petemun, Apr 20, 7:32am
wait til they tell you how many studs they snapped

edit: if its a rb

mcholden1, Apr 20, 7:42am
Haha a look they didnt snap any ill just give them a ring tomorrow to tell them to fix it at there expense

franc123, Apr 20, 8:40am
They've probably knocked a plug off somewhere and not noticed, it does happen. Then again a random failure of something like a crank angle sensor could have happened too, assuming its a rb motor. VL's were shockers for that.

steve98h, Apr 20, 10:14am
im a mechanic and you would be amazed how often a car comes in for 1 thing and other stuff goes wrong. then try explaining to the owner that you had nothing to do with it, its just bad luck, not fun at all lol

mcholden1, Apr 20, 12:28pm
Yea its an rb had a look at all the wires and plugs all fine and fuses and relays are fine so im assuming its the ecu

whqqsh, Apr 20, 7:35pm
that was my first thought, if theyve clamped the earth close to the weld & on the same piece they may have gotten away with it but if theyve just earthed anywhere (especially on the body, or the brackets) then just gone down & welded the whole system your gonna get a lot of juice searching all over your system including your ecu

bigfatmat1, Apr 20, 8:40pm
that plug on top of the dizzzy for the crank sensor is notorious for corrosion would only take a bump to disturb it maybe the problem is as simple as that

intrade, Apr 20, 8:45pm
what engine are we talking here!

mcholden1, Apr 20, 9:54pm
Rb30e just sorted it dont have to pay for the job now they are gonna get a auto sparky to have a look at it