Falcon ute. opinions

vtecintegra, Apr 21, 1:04am
Go and sit in one for a while.

Personally I find them fairly claustrophobic inside (although not as bad as the Commodores) and wouldn't want to drive one every day.

collosal1, Apr 21, 1:14am
falcon not good car

a.woodrow, Apr 21, 1:16am
why falcon not good car!

collosal1, Apr 21, 1:19am
falcon no good

a.woodrow, Apr 21, 1:22am
Sure buddy. 52 years of falcons and they "all no good" huh!

franc123, Apr 21, 1:29am
Please explain!

hydroman08, Apr 21, 1:31am
coming from the guy who wants a torana for $1!

pc_uncorrect, Apr 21, 1:39am
My mate has the same model (BA), very comfy, heaps of get up & go (when needed), and easy smooth driving.

hydroman08, Apr 21, 1:45am
Quickly change the wanted price hahahahah

myjg33, Apr 21, 7:38am
i have a ba xr6 04,similer to this one hydroman is looking at.these have heaps of room inside (im not the smallest guy in the world)got a heap of space behind the seats as well.the 4.0 has plenty of get up and go and a good dollop of torque.just check for service records .those kms are nothing for those 4.0 donks if they servicedproperly.
they are prone to wear discs and ball joints,in saying that mine hasnt had any issues.

mokaubach, Apr 21, 8:14am
Good vehicle with the best engine ever made in OZ

bellky, Apr 21, 8:54pm
Agree about them being claustrophobic inside, and the utes are very noisy as the wind buffets the cab (specifically AU I'm talking).

morrisjvan, Apr 21, 9:20pm
How can they be claustraphobic inside! they are the same width and height as the sedan , one of the largest available on the local market !

bellky, Apr 21, 9:24pm
Sorry mate, that's just the feeling I get on a personal level, I think I am a bit claustrophobic and all single cab utes get me that way. Don't get me wrong I love Falcons and wouldn't own anything else from that segment of the market.

serf407, Apr 21, 9:29pm
The air conditioning is usually one of the better features on the Falcon. Would prefer the Falcon RTV version with increased ride height. Petrol fill ups might be the time you have a tinge of consumer remorse.

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/7_10_for.htm http://www.mynrma.com.au/motoring/reviews/car-reviews/ford/falcon-ba-ii-ute.htm

whqqsh, Apr 21, 9:45pm
utes do feel a bit claustrophobic, Ive had 3 VN-VS (sedans & s/wagons) then got a VS ute. & eventhough the cab is the same size etc it does feel more enclosed. Maybe its the flat back wall right behind the seats Im not sure, but the missus wasnt keen on it at all for that reason, especially long distance. Doesnt mean i wouldnt buy another & with the good run Ive had with my AU wagon Id look at the Ford option next time too

hydroman08, Apr 21, 9:57pm
Ive got no problems with the space inside utes.Drive a ranger every day for work, but unfortunately cant take it home to use!

unbeatabull, Apr 21, 11:14pm
They generally are a good vehicle. At that mileage it will be due for its second 90,000k Service, which involves trans flush, diff oil, fuel filter etc. Check for service records, Spark Plugs should have been done at 150,000k. It is quite important it has had its first 90,000k service as well, otherwise the trans/diff could give trouble in the near future.

Not much goes wrong with them, may have the odd front balljoint go, and the rear wheel bearings can start giving trouble if you start overloading the vehicle, but both are relatively easy repairs. As any ute they aren't the roomiest inside, but there is plenty of room for a tall person with a bit of storage space in behind the seats as well.

xpfairmont, Apr 21, 11:46pm
that's all thy're worth.

guest, May 21, 4:00pm
I have no problems with my AU ute. best car i've ever owned. plenty of pick up and can carry a fair amount. mines had always loaded with concrete gear so its has seen a fair bit of use and has never failed. obviously mines a trayback. noway on earth would i use a styleside ute for work. keep it well serviced (transmission as well) and they never let you down