BA Falcon ute. mods / improvements

tigertim20, Jan 30, 10:35pm
I posted on here a while back that I was looking for a styleside falcon ute. I managed to find what I wanted, though it required a flight or two, and a 1500km drive to get home in it, wasn't too bad, I think I still got a bit of a bargain on it even with travelling to get it.

I have looked into common issues etc, so I know what to keep an eye out for.
car is auto, and has 200k on the clock, and looks to be completely standard. in really good shape and appears to have been babied a bit.

Just wondered if there were any regular / common changes these benefit from in terms of increases reliability, or performance, or economy etc? it is very quiet to drive which I find a bit odd, many of my vehicles have had a bit of a grumble to them, but not sure if its worth any effort in that regard.

Just thought Id see if anyone else had done anything with theirs?

jason18, Jan 30, 10:59pm
They go good with a decent set of headers and exhaust. Cost a fair bit tho due to the 2 sensors. Also would benefit from a proper tune.

onlineauto, Jan 31, 3:05am
Decent airfilter & exhaust goes a long way, i assume its tiptronic? nobody seems to service thier trans in this country, & external trans cooler might be good too, as i have seen a few split the internal radiator one & have antifreeze/water destroy the trans

jason18, Jan 31, 4:25am
Yes. Def fit external trans cooler. Bypass the radiator cooler as I have had a trans that's had coolant in it.

xs1100, Jan 31, 8:33am
and a body kit make them look like a typhoon or a gt

tigertim20, Jan 31, 10:04am
not worried about a body kit - lot of money spent for other people to look at what I can't see when I drive it = waste of time and money for the sake of 'look at me' factor.

Have heard about the trans cooler stuff and have been looking into it. The trans will get serviced in the next couple weeks along with a change of all the fluids etc - this is something I do with every vehicle I buy - without receipts, you can never trust someone who says it's 'been serviced' when you buy.

As for exhaust and air filter = any recommendations? and a vague idea what I would be looking at spending?

cheers for the advice so far folks

jason18, Jan 31, 5:38pm
You could fit a cat back exhaust but would be best bang with header. I think you would be looking in the 1500- 1800 region for exhaust. I personally wouldn't bother for that money unless it was a v8 for sound haha.

tub4, Jan 31, 8:09pm
A few litres of fisholene so you'll still have it on the road in a couple of years.
Nows a good time to rust proof while the weathers hot.

4piggy, Jul 13, 2:11am
fit a xr6 turbo intake snorkel (goes from slam panel to air filter case) will give best improvement for the $ spent in economy and performance, next would be fitting headers and cat removal, intake $130 from ford and headers/cat removal $600-700 fitted for coby