2003 ba falcon ute air bag light

fordkiwi27, Jan 7, 5:56am
have been using my mates wagon lately, just about to take it back to him,it had a slow leak on tyre fixed that,filled it up with gas just about to drop it off and the friggen light is on. typical of my luck. any ideas before i drop it off to sparky/mechanic! have tried disconnecting battery as well.

kingfisher21, Jan 7, 6:02am
Check the seatbelt pretensioner connectors under the drivers seat.

marcos1, Jan 7, 6:08am
Agreed.

fordkiwi27, Jan 7, 6:14am
i am looking around in there. im not sure what the hell i am doing. ive pushed all the plugs etc in. will go and see the mechanic tomorrow, give me old cars any day. airbags! who needs em, cheers guys.

johnf_456, Jan 7, 6:19am
Good luck, sadly it is only getting worse with modern vehicles. Before you know it we will be driven by the car! Sigh

treachug, Jan 7, 6:39am
Even if you have found a loose plug (unlikely - probably more like a broken wire from the fore & aft seat movement etc) & pushed the plugs in & ensured all tight etc, the SRS system (by its design) has logged a fault & the fault will need to be cleared by a diagnostic tool. This is done purely due to it being a safety feature in the car not designed to simply be cleared by disconnecting the battery & the SRS system can be checked to ensure all is ok etc.

kiwirod, Jan 7, 6:42am
Spoken like a true mechanic aye john.

alan1111, Jan 7, 6:53am
As above r/f seat wiring under plastic trim. Cable tie was the factory fix. Mind you did have a clock spring once on a BA give trouble.

zak1998, Jan 7, 7:01am
Paper clip fixes them lights that come on resets the computer. Look on you tube for you car so easy and save heap of money when they come on

waythe, Jan 7, 7:50am
mine does it every so ofter as well I just unplug it from under the seat spray on some crc and it's all good for 2-4 months

fordkiwi27, Jan 7, 8:09am
i might have a play around tomorrow.cheers

pickles26, Jan 7, 8:13am
light should only be on while fault is active as per most fords. Unplug seat connectors and plug back in as above most likely problem

unbeatabull, Jan 7, 7:50pm
Actually, factory fix is to remove the plug altogether and hardwire the airbag wiring together. The wiring can still be unplugged elsewhere in case of seat removal.

99% of the time it will be the Drivers Side - The Passengers side also gives trouble and may also need doing. Otherwise will be clock spring - if it is the clock spring, the horn and steering wheel controls won't work.