I swapped the valiant! Pick up new car tomorrow

Page 2 / 3
zephyrheaven, Apr 25, 5:44am
Like!

jason18, Apr 25, 6:57am
Cheers guys. Just been told to look out for the mongrel mob as its there colours and car.Great to hear. Will keep her nice and safe locked up

mopar63, Apr 25, 7:07am
looks nice mate, for piece of mindcheck thestroke check on it Jase ,a screw driver down the plughole/measuretrick will do,plentyof people including my bro been caught out with '351's' that ended up being 302's, hard to tell be looking at it

extrayda, Apr 25, 7:13am
Can't tell to look at, as you say, it's just the stroke.
If your happy with it as it is, I wouldn't bother !
If you re-do the engine, then is a good time to check, as it's very easy to turn a 302 into a 351.
Looks good in the photo - was it a straight swap, or cash to the XA guy!

robbo36, Apr 25, 7:17am
Jase, very nice car. Are you gonna install a "Snitch"!
http://www.gpstracking.co.nz/snitch.html

cowboy110, Apr 25, 7:26am
Noice!.Welcome to the V8 owners club.Now you know the attraction.I can appreciate the time and effort that people put into their cars of choice but there's nothing like a V8 in full song.That'll be a head turner.Well done.

myjg33, Apr 25, 8:58am
m8 thats a fine looking machine.four door xa falcons look bad!
oh and most of the time u can measure the stroke of a clevo.with ya right boot.!
if its a worked five one you will be able to tell every time you bury the throttle into the carpet.you will no !

happy motoring.

fordgod, Apr 25, 11:38am
Nice car jase. Ive had plenty of xas over the last few years. Awesome. Gidday fordkiwi.

jason18, Apr 25, 1:05pm
It was certed as a 351 so going on that. Plus driving this car compared to a 302 I drove the other day this car feels like it has way more balls. Either way im happy! I swapped him valiant plus paid $1800.:) I love the car aye. Sucks the gas for sure! haha Gonna burn some more up tomorrow and Im not going to say what I will do security wise as anyone can read this forum haha

jason18, Apr 25, 1:06pm
Its extremely loud. Exhausts dump just before the diff! Gonna have to change that before next wof ! Rear seat belts do you think I could adapt later model ones.Want the kids safe. Has all bolt holes there

un_known, Apr 25, 1:53pm
Jealous.I'd love an XA or B or C infact any falcon between 1960 and '79.

Watched Mad Max on Blu Ray the other night that was awesome seeing all those old cars and old bikes again

jason18, Apr 25, 7:19pm
Cheers Robbo :) Im just keeping everything downlow security wise

n1smo_gtir, Apr 25, 8:28pm
Very nice ride and good to hear you take security seriously, as mentioned about it being a mungi colour and their choice of car, you be silly not to take extra security measures. ENJOY the cruise=)

johnf_456, Apr 25, 8:44pm
If safety is a concern why get an older car.

jason18, Apr 25, 10:10pm
Old doesnt always mean unsafe. It has lap belts in the back and I want full belts for there car seats

un_known, Apr 25, 10:17pm
You would want to be vigilant with security regardless of what the mob thinks.

jason18, Apr 26, 12:53am
Yeah exactly mobs not the only one that would like to steal it.

johnf_456, Apr 26, 1:00am
I know but compared to newer cars.

quickstitch, Apr 26, 3:20am
John John John. You will never get it. It's a classic and also a mean V8, I don't think Jase was in the market for a Volvo

bellky, Apr 26, 3:27am
He likes to be called his correct user name quickstitch.

jason18, Apr 26, 4:06am
Damn straight. I have to falcons already as safe cars for the kid.I just want to get my XA Safer than normal

robbo36, Apr 26, 8:34am
Why was my post deleted about "The Snitch" security system! Maybe "The Other Snitch" reported me about posting a link to the website! No self promotion, just suggesting an excellent GPS tracking alarm system.
Oh well, no skin off my snozz!

johnf_456, Apr 26, 9:40am
Firstly don't call me john, yes I like older cars. But I was just making fact to the comment of I want this turn says this and this to upgrade the safety of it and mentions children.I do get but your twisting what I am saying, if safety is a concern full stop with kiddies don't get an older car. Don't get me wrong I have a v8 camaro, its in bits at the moment but it does count!

extrayda, Apr 26, 9:45am
He wants to make the car as safe as possible - makes sense to me, he didn't say it was to be his daily driver with kids in the car.If it was me I would fit 2 3 point belts in the back and leave it at that.

27rose27, Apr 26, 9:45am
Nice one! Enjoy it.