After fixing car from a failed WOF, can I.

nzlotrfan, Apr 25, 2:54am
Take it to a different garage without paying again! I just had to get a new sun visor. I've got the WOF checklist and what not, its just that I got it done by a garage in a different city. TIA

toyboy3, Apr 25, 2:56am
pay again or return to the same garage

nzlotrfan, Apr 25, 3:02am
Ah ok. Thanks

kcc55a, Apr 25, 3:44am
If you fail a WoF does it get onto the computer advising all and sundry straight away!

n1smo_gtir, Apr 25, 3:55am
pretty sure it does unless garage too lazy to enter in.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 25, 4:00am
If wof done at private garage you need to take back to same garage to be not charged another fee but if you took it to an official vtnz testing station i can you can get away with not paying another fee as was in my case when i failed rear seatbelt at vtnz in town but took it to a seatbelt nz agent to get it replaced snd they also happened to be a vtnz agent so they did a quick ph call and passed it after the new seatbelt replacement.

therafter1, Apr 25, 4:01am
It doesn't advise all and sundry at all. If the vehicle has been previously inspected and failed the reasons for the fail do not show until the next inspection details are entered.

mopsy3, Apr 26, 12:00am
Should do but doesnt state why it failed I think.

sparkles_bc, Apr 26, 8:54am
I know if you had it done at a VTNZ, you can take it and the original WOF sheet to any VTNZ in NZ and they will do it for you, possibly the same with VINZ or AA too but definitely not with independent garages