Tyre recommendations

00basil00, Apr 13, 5:16am
Need a new pair of tyres for my car, I dont want an cheap chineese shit but also dont want to spend $300 a tyre, whats a good middle range tyre! I need 205/60/15 for an Audi 80 quattro

beast9, Apr 13, 5:19am
go to firestone and get some super cats they are the replacement of the enduro tyres and they wear nicely as im running them on my celica they have only dropped half a millimeter between wofs

gram, Apr 13, 5:35am
Dunno if you should be replacing just a pair on a Quattro.I usually did all 4 at a time. Goodyear Eagle F1 were the best, especially when made in Germany. Then they went to Chinese manufacture, and they weren't too bad. Latest set I got were made in Thailand and I think they feel like crapaltho they're getting better as they wear. Can't help you with a middle range tyre.

clark20, Apr 13, 6:50am

family007, Apr 13, 7:09am
Try Yokohama A Drive, they're around $145 for a 185/70/15. Have had them on several cars and find they last the distance. Chalked up over 30,000km on the last set.

vr4_legnum, Apr 13, 7:14am
Try The GT Raidal 128 or VP1 if you can them and should be around $140-$150 a tyre or Falken ZE912 and they should be around $170 mark

00basil00, Apr 13, 7:17am
They look good, had them on one my other quattros and liked them

vr4_legnum, Apr 13, 7:17am
LOL the supercat is JUST a cheap tyre and is wrost then some of the cheap china tyres that il seen come throw work and plus they are over price for what they are. Wouldn't put a supercat on anyone car.Supercat = SuperCrap

n1smo_gtir, Apr 13, 8:18am
Dz101 had them on my rwd skyline n even in wet holds quite well but not the most quiet tire but certainly took a while to chew through em. Toyos r apparently quite good. Else get dome decent 2nd hsnds still with decent thread for cheap.

pge, Apr 13, 8:43am
My local garage (with which I have dealt for 20 years) recommended Kelly for my VN wagon.

He said they are a good, all-round tyre, and at $120 each for 205/65/15 a good price (fitted & balanced).

Good luck, tyres are very much personal preference.

cowlover, Apr 13, 1:35pm
Bit of a difference betweena Quattro and a VN.I don't think I'd like to use 2 different tyre types on a Quattro nor would I be useing "cheepies".Find a good tyre shop and ask.Try a few places, chances are you wil find a tyre that most recommend.Tell em you dont mind if they have to "buy them in" that gets away from the "we've got these in stock so they will do" attitude.

alan1111, Apr 13, 5:08pm
205/60/15 is such a common size tyre phone around tyre shops and get some prices.

dan.kev, Apr 25, 10:29am
try TZ700 middle of the range tyre suitable for your car at firestone or tonys tyres good luck

unbeatabull, Apr 25, 10:38am
Direzza DZ101 are a great tyre, as well as Toyo T1R's or Proxes4 . all 3 tyres are pretty cheap, around the $150-180 per tyre area

v8cougar, Apr 25, 6:26pm
Tz700. Great tyre Or supercats, they are a good mid range tyre. go into your local firestone. They will sort you out with a good price.

jan106, Apr 25, 9:29pm
Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max is an excellent tyre for both economical driving and performance.We have them on both my daughters cars and handle extremely well in the wet and the dry roads.