Just got my car back from the panel beaters after

hippygal, May 10, 5:25am
Being rear needed, interior lights and boot lights do not work and car door dashboard light stays on even though all doors are closed, they are saying they need to get in touch with insurance company to see if they will get an auto electrician to check it. I assume it is not a biggee to fix any help much appreciated as they are saying they never touched anything to affect that.

tonyrockyhorror, May 10, 5:36am

rob_man, May 10, 5:48am
Using a combination of my clairvoyant abilities and all my years in the trade I will hazard a guess that the bootlight switch is not being activated because something is not quite lining up properly. As for the interior lights, I quite often pull the fuse or bulbs on those when I have to have a door or boot open for an extended period to stop the battery draining.
I'm sure the panelbeater will sort it out.

grangies, May 10, 7:04am
Has the panelbeater tried to sort it!

Or have just said they're noteven interested, and want you to go straight to an Auto Electrician!

Like Robman says the panel shop should be able to sort it.

lookoutas, May 10, 9:10am
You should try switching them off rob! But I know what ya mean:)

They're jerking you around - if they can't sort it out they're useless.

Then again - it's amazing how many things seem to go wrong that are obviously not connected to the damage.
Like a dent at the other end that wasn't there before.
Then why is it showing in this photo when the car was being assessed!

Oops - one red faced customer.

elect70, May 11, 3:52am
These days panel beaters only do what insurance co authorises, they are just doing it by the bookin asking ins coifcan take it to auto sparky.