Car troubles. HELP ?

olive169, Apr 2, 10:53am
Hi there, I am wanting to know if any knows how much approx I should be asking for my car on Trade me. I need to sell and upgrade as the cost to fix it isn't what I can currently afford but I need to get another car STAT. I have a 1995 Toyota Corolla. Paint peeling from sun damage etc. Only done 186.000km, New battery, re con motor just been put in a month ago, but it needs a new cv joint. Otherwise all in really good con and well looked after. Any ideas!

thunderbolt, Apr 2, 11:43am
You can't afford to replace a cv joint!
How can afford to upgrade then!
Budget approx $250 all up to replace joint.

olive169, Apr 2, 12:17pm
Ohkay thanks, Oh and by upgrade I really meant to say. buy something dirt cheap that I can drive now rather than having to wait. Cant come up with $250 until pay day which is another month from now and have family relying on me for transport. $250 is much cheaper than what I was given a quote on to btw lol

mugenb20b, Apr 2, 7:15pm
Just because it "drives" doesn't mean it won't break down.

floscey, Apr 2, 7:49pm
keep it and fix it , youll probably buy another car that will need morework than a cv .cv go for around $60-$70 bucks .

kazbanz, Apr 2, 7:59pm
olive-boorrrow the money from the needy relatives and get the car fixed.
MUCH better option than what you are proposing.

olive169, Apr 2, 8:28pm
Thankyou everyone. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like such a dope. I'm really quite the opposite lol, I just haven't the slightest clue about cars and from what everyone on here is saying about how much it should cost I was about to get ripped off BIG! Cheers all =)

jason18, Apr 2, 8:33pm
Yeah bet will be that you buy a dirt cheap car that will need more work than your. At least you know yours has recon motor. CV joint is nothing major. I thought they didnt fail wof for cv joint clicking or is it siezed!