Whats a safe colour to paint a car

Page 1 / 2
brokebloke1, Mar 31, 1:07am
wanting peoples opinon on what they think is a safe "resale" colour for a classic car , ive got a 1970 MK1 ford Capri ready for its colour coat of paint but I still havnt decided on a final colour, ( orginal colour was Red and black )

woody1946, Mar 31, 1:13am
Paint it red and black, because that is the original

brokebloke1, Mar 31, 1:21am
never been a fan of red / black cars, I will paint it a a colour code that was back in 1970.

phillip.weston, Mar 31, 1:22am
definitely not something putrid and out there like lime green or bright purple with glitter! I guess it depends on the style of the car. are you aiming to make it look as close to standard factory condition as possible or going to modify it with nice rims and lowering etc! Being a 70s car I would keep it a basic simple pastel colour without metallic, maybe an off-white, beige or a brown variant! Would look good still on the factory steel wheels all nicely cleaned up with period correct tyres and black plates etc.

jenny188, Mar 31, 1:37am
Other options are metallic blue or British racing greens , look good, sell well but a car always has appeal if in original color. First option would be red / black.

flybye_in_a_rx7, Mar 31, 1:47am
a nice glossy black

babcorp, Mar 31, 2:18am
paint it green so it will always have right of way.

elect70, Mar 31, 2:32am
Nicedeepbluewith white side panelthey came out with .

trader127, Mar 31, 2:46am
mm you'll find a car loses most of it's lines and contours when its black. Thats just my opinion anyway. I'd go with factory options.

brokebloke1, Mar 31, 5:17am
ive been looking at white/ blue same paint style as RS2600,

gooddealz2, Mar 31, 5:23am
Why wouldn't you paint it red and black if that's original and you're looking for a 'resale' colour!
That's going to be the colour that resells it.
If you're going to keep it then you can paint it any damned colour you like and it's no-one elses business.

mopar63, Mar 31, 5:26am
i had a 3 litre gxl caprithat was factory purple with black vinyl roof,looked sweet

les6, Mar 31, 8:30am
had a 71 gt 3l in orange with black bonnet and pinstripping,looked ok back then!

kenw1, Mar 31, 8:46am
They used to do them in a really nice lime green colour, I always thought they looked the part back then.

bigfatmat1, Mar 31, 8:56am
I am sure it did!

gunhand, Mar 31, 9:28am
Ive always liked nice clean white cars. And it is a safe colour as well. You can see white for miles. Unfortunatly if not kept looking crisp white cars look drab real quick.

mark.52, Apr 1, 1:23am
Safe-ish, maybe.
Not unappealing, but safer to stick to the original.

Unless you are stripping the entire car to paint it (big big job) there will be plenty of areas where the original paint job will be evident.

brokebloke1, Apr 1, 3:02am
its back to very bare metal every panel inside and out will be repainted
and yes it was a big jobat least I know there is no rust on her

mark.52, Apr 1, 3:32am
That's going to be one nice machine, then.
Not a 3L V6, is it!
They were a fairly awesome beast.

gunhand, Apr 1, 5:05am
Other way round looked better. dark colours dont really suit them to well I reckon.

brokebloke1, Apr 1, 5:13am
Thas what I thought too thanks for response.

mopar63, Apr 1, 5:20am
to be honest I'd do it a factory colour combo esp if you are going to move it on , it's a classicso the buyers will be people who want it original!,I've been looking hard out at the one in bits on here ,it's sitting at $3300which looking at it is a good buy ,I'd think I'd paint it a stock colour if I end up buying it , ,your market will be wider ,just my thoughts

gmphil, Apr 1, 7:19am
yellowstone

pebbles61, Apr 1, 7:34am
Hi-vi yellow. That's safe as!

hoetawa, Apr 1, 8:20am
Paint it green cause red cars have to give way at intersections