Number Plate

1497, Mar 31, 12:34am
Hi there people. can anyone tell me what happens with your vehicle number plates when the police remove them because the officer had been given the wrong information (don't ask) However when I found this out I rang the officer, he was opologetic and said that he would follow up as to where the plates are. I'm a bit grumpy because I can't use my car and not to confident that he will get them back. A friend told me that they go to NZLTA is this true!

esprit, Mar 31, 12:44am
Most likely they'll be destroyed and skull need to go to an NZTA agent to get some new plates (different number)

jenny188, Mar 31, 1:43am
Would have thought that they would have gone to the Police Station evidence room, for a while at least. If you haven't had contact in a week or two I'd go to N.Z. Post or VTNZ , declare old plates dead and get new ones. Then try claiming the new plate cost from your friendly boys in blue.

bellky, Mar 31, 1:52am
I would keep on at the officer.

thewomble1, Mar 31, 8:06am
Report to the policethe plates have been taken. you can give them a description of the person who took them.demand a line-up and then point your finger.

lordv81, Mar 31, 9:13pm
Just get new ones and charge the police with the bill.When they ask on the form the reason you need new plates just put they were stolen,as they were unlawfully removed from your car.

gracey92, Mar 31, 10:18pm
Where did this happen! Auckland by any chance!

supernova2, Apr 1, 6:51am
I'd be hammering on the counter at the station.If cops took em cops must have em somewhere.How long they had em!

modie61, Apr 1, 7:07am
You need to talk to the Police Station boss.

supernova2, Apr 1, 7:21am
I'm not sure that the "tea lady" would be able to help in this instance!

modie61, Apr 1, 7:35am
Oh yes she will,shes probably the only one that knows whats going on in there anyway.

supernova2, Apr 1, 7:37am
Arn't the cops trying to cut costs!Probably can't afford a tea lady so will now have a contract with starbucks.As for the plates - sold as scrap to pay for the starbucks contract.

modie61, Apr 1, 7:51am
No they got rid of the oversize senior sargent and got a tea lady,way more productive,she makes a mean coffee and brings in homemade scones and NICE cookies,lol.

supernova2, Apr 1, 8:05am
Ahhso the plates have been "converted" into baking trays.

modie61, Apr 1, 8:07am
Haha,yea,i was going to say she gave them to the old man,and hes put them on the garage wall,lol.
Thats where all my old ones are.