Selling car

shovel5, May 21, 8:52am
Am wanting to down grade and sell my car and just get a cheap run around. How much do you think a car yard would give me for a Mazda Axella 2004, I have 17k owing on it! and realise I am bound to be a bit short but either way,if I sell privatley what sort of price could I expect.there is only one other on Tm and that is a dealer

pettal, May 21, 9:02am
About half of what you owe .

rpee, May 21, 9:06am
Keep it . not worth down grading to loose a few thousand well earned or borrowed $$$

mugenb20b, May 21, 9:07am
*Facepalm*

mr-serious, May 21, 9:15am
Dude. I think your gonna lose money. You may be stuck with it till the scales tip the other way and you can sell it for more than you owe. Thats likely to be the day you pay it off. Its all a guess till you try.

gammelvind, May 21, 9:20am
There are heaps of them here, spell axela with one l. You must have bought one of the expensive ones, you will come up more than a little short, you will still owe heaps and have nothing to buy your cheap run around.

neo_psy, May 21, 9:55am
Ouch - you'll be buying your way out of that one.

doug207, May 21, 1:01pm
Look up the value of Mazda 3s, they're the same thing. You will get a bit less than you owe though.

stevo2, May 21, 6:29pm
Your car is worth between $9k to $15k depending on model, mileage and condition.

ryanm2, May 21, 7:08pm
How much did you pay for it to begin with!

kazbanz, May 21, 8:55pm
OP you are asking for information without giving us the info me need to offer informed advice.
1) color
2)milage
3)engine size
4)transmission
5) condition
With that information you will get much more precise advice.

Hey guys keep in mind theres a big diff between a 1500 silver benny basic axela and a manual black 2300 top spec one

wellystretch, May 31, 1:03am
So let's get this straight: you want to sell it to some sucker, and when you default on your loan obligations that sucker will get their car taken off them!

Nice.
Also: you should probably take up gambling, it is your only option.

kazbanz, May 31, 1:25am
dont be an eejut--the op is trying to work out the best way to solve the issue

wellystretch, May 31, 1:48am
From the information she has given us she has said that she has 17k owing on the vehicle, that she can't meet her payments, and even if she sells the car she will still owe 7k.

From that info I can safely assume that she is likely to default on her loan, which will still be tied to the car after she sells it, putting the new owner in the situation where they may lose their new vehicle.

Selling the car with money owing on it is not an option, she will be putting others in as much financial strife as she is currently in.

kcf, May 31, 2:35am
I can't see anywhere in the original post that they would not be able to continue to make the payments on the balance!Where is that indicated!