Best buy for a used car

leonie11, Jul 2, 8:20am
hi peeps am wanting to buy a car, would like small station wagon for around 4000, i do like the nissan pulsars, anyone welcome on their experience and expertise! thanks

mugenb20b, Jul 2, 9:11pm
Pulsars are generally good cars, but pretty plain and simple. Cheap to service, economical and no cambelts to worry about (unless it's a 1.7 litre diesel). Their only weakness would be a manual gearbox, but not a problem if you don't thrash them. Make sure there's no engine rattle on start up and no sludge under the oil filler cap. If it's automatic, check the transmission fluid colour (and level), should be pink and not smell burnt. The gear shifting should be smooth too. But, if you do find one you like and think it's good, take it to your local mechanic for a check over (not AA).

jezz43, Jul 2, 9:13pm
get a nissan avenir W10, they are pretty much pulsars in a station wagon. can get them in 2.0l, 1.8l and 1.6l i think. good vehicles and are pretty reliable. they also sell for under 4k normally

berg, Jul 2, 9:24pm
1800 Baleno wagon. Very underestimated, often forgotten about.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 2, 9:52pm
VW Golf (you might be able to just squeeze a MK4 if you are really lucky), VW Passat, Volvo V40.
Drive them and it will be an easy decision, even before you start comparing safety, power, economy, value, features etc.

leonie11, Aug 23, 11:52am
thanks peeps i will search into that thanks again